April 5, 2012

RS #5 & Exciting News

This weeks Retro Sketch challenge introduces new design team member Laurie Wilson.  Laurie is the host for this week's sketch.

My exciting news is that Arielle Gordon contacted me last week and asked if she could use one of my cards for a RetroSketch and if I would like to be the Guest DT for that week!  I was over the moon excited about this.  This won't happen until the summertime, but I will keep you posted.

I have so much patterned paper in my studio and yet I am always hesitant to use it.  This week I broke into my Echo Park Springtime 6" x 6" pad and had a blast.  Here is my card for this weeks sketch, hope you enjoy it.







All Supplies are from Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted:

Cardstock: White, Plum Pudding
Patterned Paper: Springtime (Echo Park)
Stamps:  Love & Marriage
Dies: Limitless Layers Ovals 1 3/4"
other: foam dots, Plum Pudding button

5 comments :

Cassandra said...

Love the colours in this one Tracey, and a great take on the sketch. Congratulations on your piece of news. It will be interesting to see which card was picked as there are alot of lovely ones to choose from.

Cyndie said...

Oh, how exciting for you and well deserved! This card is an example: such a great pairing of patterned paper and sentiment with the sketch. It's such a fresh and cheerful wedding card!

LeAnne said...

Yeehaw! It doesn't surprise me that Arielle asked you to participate as a GD! Your things are always beautiful!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh Tracey what exciting news for you...and well deserved! Congrats and big hugs ;)

Your card for this weeks sketch is marvelous!!

Laurie said...

How did I miss this? First off thanks for the shout out! And I do love your card! And yay for the sketch card too!