March 28, 2024

Just Us Girls #720

Hey crafty friends! I'm back again with my final card for my March Guest Design at Just Us Girls! This challenge is a stencil challenge and anything goes. So with that I pulled out my Papertrey Ink Wild Blooms stencils because every time I use it? I love it more!



I started off picking lighter and darker shades of my greens, pinks and yellows. All my inks are Catherine Pooler inks and I listed them all in the supply list at the bottom of my post.


Wild Blooms comes as a set of 6 stencils. I worked my way through each stencil using first the lightest shade and then adding my darker shade from the base of each image and then finally finishing it off by going over the stenciled pieces again with the lightest coloured ink.

Once I had the whole piece stenciled I went around the edges of the panel with blue ink to give the panel more dimension and reality. Next I cut the panel with the largest die from the Lawn Fawn Small Stitched Rectangles dies. It was adhered to the card base with foam tape.




I have been trying to use some older products that I have lately. The word spring is from a Neat & Tangled die called Spring, how apropos! The die comes with the word and a shadow. I cut the shadow with vellum and then I cut the word spring three times with black cardstock. The words were glued together to make a thick word, it was then glued to the vellum base.

TIP: I dotted glue on the back of the vellum piece behind the letters so it would not show through to the front.


I stamped and white embossed Happy & Birthday from yet another older MFT Stamps set and those were adhered around the word 'spring' with thin foam tape.


Thanks for hanging out with me this month as I was guesting with the Just Us Girls Challenge. I've had a really fun time and I hope to see your cards in the gallery. Break out those stencils, this challenge is a fun one!


13 comments :

Vicki Dutcher said...

A fabulous final card! I love the flowers on his pretty Spring card. Thanks for joining JUGS for the month of March.

I Card Everyone said...

Tracey, I'm sure the team loved having you as a guest designer - they might not allow you to leave!
I adore this set of stencils - your card features the most wonderful Springtime colors and such a wonderful sentiment, too!
=]

Karen said...

I love this, Tracey! I knew what you used immediately because that stencil has been sitting in my NBUS box for way too long! There's a lot going on now, but hopefully you'll a card with this before too long! Your ink blending around the edges draws your eye right into the card! Gorgeous!

Lisa Elton said...

I love every pretty detail on this wonderful spring card! Happy Easter, my friend!

cm said...

Tracey, I see why you're 'wild' about these blooms; they're lovely, especially in the colours you've chosen and the sweet Spring birthday sentiment. Isn't it wonderful when various companies' products play nicely together! You're been an awesome guest designer, my friend! Hope we'll see you playing cards often, with us and everywhere else!
hugs~c
PS. Happy Happy Easter! Can you believe it's almost here!

Carol said...

I can't believe the month has passed so quickly! I love this stenciled floral card! Your colors are so pretty and they are perfectly shaded the way you stenciled them. I also love how you did your sentiment, separating Happy and Birthday with the adorable Spring die!! I hope to remember that technique for the future. Thanks for being such a great guest designer...your cards are always so great!!

ElizStewart said...

Tracey... I see why you love this stencil more and more... it is gorgeous! Looks easy with fabulous results. Nothing better! Thanks so much for being our guestie this month!

Cat Craig said...

So pretty, Tracey. Happy Easter.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Those flowers are so pretty, I can see why you love this stencil so much! Beautiful choice of colors and I love the blue shading around the edge. Thank you so much for joining us this past month with all of your fabulous creations!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

That stencil is really special, Tracey, and your inking is just superbly done. The blue around the edges really does have a wonderful effect. I love the way you did the sentiment too. It has been so great to have you with us as Guest Designer. Your work is ever inspiring.

Bobby said...

I love that stencil too, Tracey, and the colors you used are wonderful. I love the inking around the edges too. It's been great having you as our guest designer this month.

Ina G said...

Beautiful blooms and beautiful stencilling Tracey. A gorgeous Spring card. Lovely to have you with us this month.

Greta said...

I'm going to get that stencil set my next order! Just love this card, Tracey!