March 16, 2024

Color Hues #83

Welcome back! We have a new colour duo starting today at the Color Hues for Color Challenge #83! This week we have a unique colour combination chosen by teammate Carol. I love this subdued pallet of cream and blue! I decided to make a birthday card that is masculine and yet it ended up very generic!




I used A Colourful Life's Rippling Squares to stencil on a 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" panel of cream cardstock using Catherine Pooler Ink--Tranquil. Be careful this pattern is a bit funky, but so very fun! 

I trimmed the panel down to 5 1/4" x 4" and adhered it directly to a cream coloured cardbase. I decided to make this card one layer to make for easy mailing. 

 

I made my own cardstock with Catherine Pooler Ink--Cove Blue. I simply pounced the ink pad over white cardstock panel and let it dry completely. The panel looks blotchy at first but with these inks it settles out as it dries! Now I have coordinating colour cardstock for my background.



Once dry, the sentiment Simon Says Stamp's Happy Birthday was cut from the cardstock.


If you haven't already been there, please head over to the Color Hues blog to see the fabulous designs my teammates have made for this challenge!



13 comments :

!neke said...

Great card !!!!!!
groeten Ineke

cm said...

How cool is this rippling squares background! Fun and definitely a great choice for a masculine card. Love it! I need to get some CP inks; they seem ever so versatile...
hugs~c

Cat Craig said...

That is one wild stencil and really makes it look wobbly. Such a cool effect. Perfect dying the cs to match your stenciled pattern.

Bobby said...

I love the optical illusion you get with that stencil, Tracey. Great birthday card for anyone.

Stef Perry said...

What a great card, Tracey! I am crazy about that stencil - I need it for all the masculine cards I make and it is just so unique and fun! It worked perfectly with these colors. And good for you creating your own colored cardstock, helps keep things matchy-matchy, right? Fabulous CAS card!

Marcia Hill said...

AWESOME card Tracey and I love, LOVE that background stencil!! It makes my head spin a bit but I still love it...soooooooo FUN!! Love that you made your own matching cs for the sentiment too! Perfect card for a guy, teenager, or anyone...well done my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Lisa Elton said...

Yes, male or female! What a fun background, it has great movement. Terrific card, Tracey!

Julie B said...

It really is a funky stencil, those rippling squares certainly make me feel a little dizzy. A great idea for a masculine card though. :)

Karen said...

Your close-up photos are fabulous, Tracey! That background is just amazing, and a "generic" birthday card is a great one to have in your stash. Love it!

Linda said...

Tracey, lovely card with your fun, Rippling, Squares stencil. And thanks for the shout out on my card for the last challenge. It still makes me feel good to get recognition. Have a great day.

Greta said...

The optical illusion is amazing! Such a fun card and great way to use the color combo, Tracey!

JulieP said...

Wonky for the Win Tracey!!!

Cindy Beach said...

Tracey, I think you come up with such great themes for our colors and I'm always amazed at what you use. The ripply die makes such a fun background! I love the shades of blue that you chose.