April 30, 2018

My Little Chickadee - April 2018




Time is just rolling along, it's the last day of the month and time for a new kit at The 12 Kits of Occasions! Lisa Elton is our hostess this month and she sent a kit full of beautiful springtime papers, stamped images and die cuts. My cards basically made themselves this month. Thank you Lisa for putting such a delightful assortment together for us.

Spring I think has finally found us, the snow has pretty much melted and my hubby is out doing spring cleaning in the yard. The daffodils are coming up but I really hope that they are not stunted from the surprise snow we had a couple weekends ago. Brooklyn home after finishing year 3 and since she has been home we finally watched The Greatest Showman twice, (we waited because we couldn't see it in the theatre together), we watched some other favourite movies--La La Land and Dear John once again and both of us did a long overdo closet purge. I realize how much I really miss my girl when she is away at school.

On to what you came for...

This first card has one of my favourite sentiment stamps of all time on it. I have been humming away all weekend!

tracey_12K1



tracey_12K2



tracey_12K3



tracey_12K4



tracey_12K5


All of them together...


tracey_12Kcollage


I hope you head over to the 12 Kits of Occasions blog after to see what the rest of the team has done with the same kit!

16 comments :

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are just gorgeous! LOVING the birds!!!!!!!!

I Card Everyone said...

You've used your Kit so beautifully, Tracey! I'm having so many 'why didn't I think of that' moments here this morning! Is it morbid to choose your sympathy card as my #1 this month? It's just wonderful!
So happy you have your girl back home again ... I am in awe of your time together! xx
=]

Marcia Hill said...

Beautiful, beautiful cards Tracey...LOVE them all!! :0)

Kim Heggins said...

Five fabulous cards Miss Tracey...love them all and once again, so happy for leftovers! Sounds like you and Brooklyn are having so much fun! Wish I could have met her when we were visiting. Your sympathy card is my favorite, stunning!

Marybeth said...

Each one is gorgeous, Tracey... I couldn’t even begin to pick a favorite! You always wow me because I love the simplicity of each beautiful design! Hope you are feeling well and rested after your fun visitors! Hugs to you sweet friend!

Dotty Jo said...

Wow, fabulous cards! Jo x

Jeanne J. said...

5 pretty cards! I love all the die cut accents - they make everything crisp and clean. I think my favorite is the lilacs - the kraft and black with the gold (swoon) embossed sentiment. That is just out of this world!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness, has it really been three years for Brooklyn? That can't be!! Sounds like your having lots of fun together. I want to see the Greatest Showman too, you just reminded me LOL! Thanks for putting your Tracey touch on all you made from my kit, they're all fantastic! The first is one of my favorite sentiments too, though the song does tend to stay in my head a while!

Cat Craig said...

Stunning collection of cards Tracey, all fabulous.

Rosemary said...

beautiful set of clean and simple cards, tracey!!

Birgit said...

Hi Tracey~ Your cards are all simply beautiful! The black, kraft and gold is stunning together! You always make the most perfect CAS style cards. So glad you're getting in lots of girl time with your daughter too. Empty nesting is hard, but kit's like Lisa's make it a little easier, don't you think?

Sharron said...

So happy to hear you and Brooklyn have had some special time together! It hard to believe she's already finished her third year. Love all your beautiful cards--each is CAS perfection! Your sympathy card is especially striking. The simple design with the black looks awesome!

Nancy Penir said...

Oh Tracey, I'm still humming that song, and I love it too. And your card is perfect. I wish I'd thought to add a sentiment in the middle of 'a little birdie told me', genius! the sympathy card is striking with the kraft on black, and the clothesline with the feather on the sentiment is adorable! All great this month, as usual!

Anita in France said...

Been mostly MIA in blogland over the last couple of weeks, Tracey ... sorry! Enjoyed catching up with all your recent makes this morning ... goodness, you've been busy! Just had to stop here and let you know what a delight your 12 Kits cards are ... delicate, dreamy, feminine and absolutely charming, each one! And yes, I'm humming too! Hugs, my friend, Anita :)

Michelle said...

Five fantastic cards.....love every beautiful stitched, scalloped and layered detail (and especially card #1's perfect sentiment tag and gold cord)! Lovely in every way!

Aileen said...

Tracey wonderful collection of cards, love the birds and feathers and all those wonderful sentiments. Always love seeing the kits everyone makes, especially if I have some o the stamps assist a great way to get more ideas.