October 6, 2015

CCC #167



It's time for a new Cue Card at CASology!
This week's Cue is:



The bird and sentiment are from a cling set called Birdie Conversation by Unity Stamps. A first use of my new ZIG Clean Color Real Brush markers. What I learned right away is what every one else has said in their first use, need the right paper! My card today is on regular white heavy-weight cardstock. Being away this week it is all that I had to use.  I used two shades of blue on the belly and found it difficult to blend them together. When I was done to blend them without many supplies I used a Q-tip and a bit of water to smooth the transition between shades.  I love the feel of these markers and can't wait to learn how to use them more.



Pop over and have a look at what the rest of the Design Team has created to inspire you...




Guest Designer: Claire



This is also for Kathy Racoosin's 30 Day Colouring Challenge Day 5. A little more colouring on the road this time using my new ZIG's!



I am aso submitting this to the Simon Says Anything Goes Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes!


21 comments :

Ardyth said...

This is fun! Love the shades of blue - can't wait to see your whole set and decide which colours I need to add to my little collection!

Joyce said...

This is so adorable, and nice job using those markers for the first time. I'm sure you will be hooked before long and a real pro.

sandie said...

Adorable Tracey and looks like you are off to a good start with the zigs x

Nora Noll said...

Oh this is so fun!! LOVE the little bird and that sentiment is fabulous!!

Hannelie said...

Ahw... sweet Tracey!

Annette Allen said...

So totally cute..

Barb Ghig said...

Your little birdie is so stinkin' cute and I love how you colored him, Tracey! The right paper is key, but I think you did an amazing job blending the blues! Love the fun sentiment, too...Thanks for making me smile :)

Lisa Elton said...

Totally cute!!

Lindsey said...

This is so cute! And I have serious Zig envy. ;)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhh this is ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kay Miller said...

What an adorable little bird and so fun that you got to try your Zig markers out for the first time. I really love mine! I have found that they don't blend well on card stock, but work really nicely on watercolor paper or Bristle board!

jenn shurkus said...

such a sweet card :) i have been playing with the zig markers too- next try is with bristol paper :) thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

Leigh Penner said...

This is so cute! I totally agree about the right paper for the Zigs for watercolouring...

Happy Dance said...

You've gotten 'ziggy' with it.. (sorry, couldn't help it). Sweet and silly image. Is this the equivalent to 'tipping cows?' Love this CAS card. Bev

Sharron said...

Super silly and simple and sweet! Best of luck with your Ziggys!

Marybeth said...

I love it! It's also very cute !

Rahmat said...

This is so cute Tracey! I had to come in for a closer look, fantastic and totally silly image.

Anita in France said...

Hahaha ... laughed out loud at this cute little guy, Tracey ... he's just so silly! Hugs, Anita :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Tracey!! I love your little plump chicken. Super funny and cute.

cm said...

Hahahahahahaha....too cute!
Hugs~c

Monika Reeck said...

tooo cuuuteeee
he is fallen down on the sand hihi
cute Image and sentiment perfecto
I did not join this too
and you did not post anything after 6 October hehe..
you must be bussy right Tracey
me too with all the DT cards I am bussy to commenting participant too..
hope you managed all dear
hugs, Monika