November 23, 2012

RS #38


I hope that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving with their families.  Well I guess the countdown is now officially on!  So excited to create a card today for this week's RetroSketches challenge using a Hero Arts rubber stamp.  One thing I always find fun about creating cards for the holidays is that I have a chance to pull out and use some of my older rubber stamps to create.  There are so many benefits to using clear stamps, especially for image placement, but when you have a good quality rubber stamp you fall in love all over again.  I stamped and embossed the tree in white, it think it really made the image stand out.





All Supplies are from Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted:

Cardstock:  White, New Leaf, Kraft
Patterned paper: Christmas Prints
Stamps: Snowflake Tree (Hero Arts) Holly Jolly Sentiments (Lil' Inkers)
Ink:  Fresh Snow, New Leaf (PTI)
Dies: Sentiment Flag (Lil' Inkers)
other: white embossing powder, foam tape

9 comments :

Laurie said...

Tracey this is really cute! I love the tree! Just perfect for the sketch! :)

Lisa Elton said...

This IS a pretty tree Tracey, I like the flurry of snowflakes that it's made of! Your holy DP looks so cute behind it. Very pretty card ;)

~amy~ said...

Oh now how fun is this?! Love the embossing.

Annette Allen said...

wow another fabulous card..love the embossed tree...very cute

Lynn said...

awesome take on the sketch...I love how you used a tree for the rectangle image. Perfection.

The Paper Parade said...

So pretty Tracey! I love the embossed snowflakes on the tree :)

Jill Norwood said...

Love the embossed tree! Beautiful!

Michelle said...

Fabulous take ont he sketch, Tracey! Pretty embossed tree!

Jean said...

Oh, I absolutely love this snowflake Christmas tree ~ great take on the sketch!