May 23, 2011

Anniversary Card Inspiration

Have you picked up Card Creations 9 yet?  I am enjoying this issue so much, full of inspiration.  I admit that I am a magazine junkie, but like everyone else I have been trying really hard to be a good girl and only buy when I see value.  Card Creations 9 is worth the $14.99 price tag.  It is loaded with gorgeous cards and inspiration for all occassions.


I needed to make a 30th anniversary card for my sister and her husband.  So as soon as I saw Betsy Veldman's 25th anniversary card on pg. 22 of the magazine I knew that was the card I had to make.  I love Betsy's work, I find her so inspiring.  With no time to get the same patterned papers I went into my personal stash and recreated the card with what I had on hand.   So thank you Betsy for this card inspiration which I basically copied.





The scalloped circle was attached with foam tape for dimension.  I don't have any numbers in my stamp collection but I did find a sheet of October Afternoon Market stickers that co-ordinated with my colour scheme.  Number stamps now on my list!

All Supplies from PaperTrey Ink unless otherwise noted:
Cardstock:  Vintage Cream, Aqua Mist, Kraft
Clear Stamps:  Heart Prints, It's Official, Build Your Own Flourish (Gel-a-Tins)
Ink:  Smokey Shadow, Black (Memento), Creamy Brown (Colorbox)
Dies: Limitless Layers (1 3/4")
Other:  Mini Market stickers (October Afternoon), foam tape


1 comment :

Ally said...

Beautiful card! Sure to delight its recipients. ;-)