July 1, 2024

Color Hues #90

Hi there crafty friends! Today we start a new colour duo at the Color Hues Color Challenge #89! Our fearless leader Nancy Leppeck chose the challenge colours of White &  Aqua--so much fun!


 I had a plan in my head and when it came time to execute it I struggled with my water. Then the idea of bokeh popped into my head! I blended a panel of Concord & 9th Powder cardstock with Tumbled Glass and Salty Ocean Distress Oxide Inks. 

I have three homemade masks for doing bokeh. Three cardstock pieces each one with a different size circle cut from the centre. I use these along with white pigment ink when I want to add bokeh to my design. Handy and always fun but if using Dox inks, make sure the panel is completely dry before adding pigment!

The seagulls are Waflle Flower Crafts Inquisitive Seagulls and the umbrella from the Waffle Flower Crafts Beach Umbrella Die-n-stencil. 

The sentiment is from Lawn Fawn`s Henry`s Build a Sentiment: Spring. I find I this set really useful!

I'm submitting this to Seize the Birthday Anything Goes!



I'm also submitting this is Just Us Girls Challenge #733.



Thank you so much for stopping in today!



2 comments :

cm said...

Tracey, even though I'm terrified of birds, your two seagulls made me smile! Cutie-patooties! The umbrella is a delightful added touch! Fabulous showcase of the challenge colours, my lovely friend!
hugs~c

Marcia Hill said...

What an absolutely perfect card for this color challenge Tracey...LOVE it!! Your Bokeh background is awesome and those seagulls just crack me up with their kinda blank stare they have! Love the beach umbrella too! Fun, fun, FUN card my friend!! Hugs. :0)