March 1, 2024

Color Hues #82

Hi there crafty friends! We have a new colour duo starting today at the Color Hues for Color Challenge #82! I'm so excited to be the host of this challenge and I chose these bright and cheerful colours as we transition into March and spring only a few short weeks away! Where I live we don't have a typical spring, in fact most years we don't really have much of a spring at all. It's not uncommon to have one last snowfall in April! This year I'm optimistic because Wiarton Willie, Ontario's resident groundhog, saw his shadow on Groundhog Day, signalling 6 more weeks of winter and I'm holding him to it!

I used a very old Papertrey Ink set that might actually be my favourite, it's called Flower Garden. What I love the most about this set is that there is so much creative freedom. The flowers, vines and leaves can be arranged however you want and they always end up looking like the grew that way!

I stamped a variety of the solid stamps and then stamped the outline offset over the images.

Everything was stamped with Catherine Pooler inks--Cummerbund and Lime Rickey. I made a matching envelope for the card using the same method.




I was on a roll and ended up making a second card and envelope duo!


I don't think I'll be putting this set too far away. Sometimes something you have had for a long time and you bring it out to play, you remember why you bought it in the first place!





If you head over to the Color Hues blog you will see what the rest of the team has made with these colours. As always their creations are all amazing!

I can't wait to see what you do with these colours!

16 comments :

Lisa Petrella said...

These are totally fabulous, Tracey!!! Love your arrangement of the flowers, leaves and vines. And this color combo is gorgeous---especially with the pops of black and white!!! Oh...and also love your coordinating envelopes! Fun!!!

!neke said...

Great inspirational card !!!
Love those colors !
groeten Ineke

Bobby said...

I love the whimsical nature of your cards, Tracey. I can see why you love that set. I'm trying to use some of my older products too.

Julia Aston said...

What a fun retro flower set to use with these colors! a beautiful design! Julia xx

Lisa Elton said...

They're both extra pretty, Tracey! Love the simplicity of your design. You've used the colors perfectly!

Marcia Hill said...

I don't know how I ever missed this PTI set as I thought I had everything they ever put out (it feels like it when I look at ALL my PTI stamps anyways!!), but I absolutely love it AND your beautiful cards you made with it! The colors you chose work so perfectly with it Tracey!! Light and air-y and all set for Spring!! I clicked on your link because I now NEED this stamp set, and unfortunately it's out of stock! I sure hope they restock it, and did you notice it's only $5 now?!! My type of sale! Thanks for such great colors to work with for this challenge my friend...I loved it!! Hugs. :0)

Julie B said...

Two fab floral creations Tracey, love the colours you chose this time. We are supposedly in Spring here but the weather doesn't agree, cold, wet and grey. :)

Cindy Beach said...

Tracey, I love that you pulled out an old favorite for these whimsical flowers and vines! Your cards are fresh and happy! I love the pop of black and the color duo is one of my favorites!

I Card Everyone said...

OH! I have those inks! Such a fun set and really beautiful results!
=]

Nancy said...

Tracey, I am so glad you pulled this fun and whimsical set out to play. Both cards are just wonderful and then the added bonus of the matching envelope. Great colors this time and I expect a full gallery!

Stef Perry said...

Like many others, I absolutely love the whimsical designs you created with this sweet stamp set! Isn't fun to find something in you "collection" and realize how much you enjoy using it again? Thank you for this wonderful color combination, it's one of my favorites - so much so I might have a "for fun" card to add to the gallery, which as Nancy noted, should be quite full this time! Hang in there, spring will arrive one of these days!

Cat Craig said...

Sweet clean card that really showcases your color choices, Tracey. Lovely.

cm said...

I can see why you love this set; the flowers are whimsical, pretty and, as you mentioned, stylistically versatile. Both your cards and matching envelopes are so very pretty. I'm quite smitten with the colour combination you chose; definitely one I'll be using down the road (but with a design less intricate than the one I chose! LOL!).
hugs~c

Greta said...

If I'd seen cards like yours, I'd have gotten that stamp set! Had fun using your color combo--one I wouldn't have come up with!

donna mikasa said...

Beautiful stamp set and a wonderful set of cards! I love the way the flowers "flow" across the card and the color palette is perfect for spring!

Kate said...

Great colour combination and your cards are so pretty! Love the matching envelopes too - what a delight to get one of these in the post! Hugs, Kate!