February 1, 2024

Color Hues # 80

We have a new colour duo starting today at the Color Hues for Color Challenge #80! Did you notice our new graphics? We have updated graphics and watermarks for he team. Head over to the Color Hues blog to see all the new graphics that Nancy's son, Ty help her create!

Teammate Sheri picked this new colour duo of Red & Pink perfect for valentines! I thoughts it was the perfect time to use The Greetery's Falling Hearts Background die and ended up creating three inlaid cards using red, pink & neutral white.

'



I made three passes--one with white, one with pink and one with red. I put all the hearts from each colour into separate dishes and then applied adhesive to the front of the card base. I poked out all the hearts but hung on to everything that fell out. I left the dots in the die cut and inlay the dots where they had come out. I followed a system for each row starting with red then pink.


Doesn't it look fantastic when all the hearts are inlaid back into the die?

I cut a coordinating heart from the Lawn Fawn Outside In Stiched Hearts dies for my white embossed sentiment. All sentiments are from The Greetery Hot Stuff stamp set. 

I repeated the same process to create two more inlaid cards with red and pink pieces.


With one background die I was able to create three cards!

Please head over to the Color Hues blog you will see what the rest of the team has made with these colours. As always my teammates created fabulous cards!

I am also submitting this to the newest Just Us Girls challenge for Color Week!


...and also to the Cupcake Inspiration Challenge!



19 comments :

!neke said...

Great cards !!!!!!!
groeten Ineke

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous, that is smart diecutting!

Lisa Elton said...

You picked the perfect die for your darling cards, Tracey! Yes, I love the inlaid hearts. These are so sweet!

Julie B said...

A great way to make a whole batch of Valentines Tracey, they look great in the new colours too. :)

I Card Everyone said...

I'm betting you had tons of fun fitting all those pieces back together for these three wonderful Valentines, Tracey!
=]

Nancy said...

Well, this die and our colors were a match made in heaven. Love each one, Tracey! You certainly had to have plenty of patience gluing those pieces back in. How many did you lose? LOL. Have a lovely day!

Marcia Hill said...

Boy oh boy do I love this heart cover plate die Tracey and can't believe I don't have it in my stash! I absolutely LOVE your 1st photo with all 3 cards...it's perfect! I totally love how you made 3 coordinating cards using the same die and 3 colors...awesome and sweet, sweet cards my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Vicki Dutcher said...

So fabulous! Your cards are so clean - I love that. Great use of the colors - Thanks for joining in at JUGS

Ina G said...

Oh so pretty and hearts a flutter! Thanks for adding to our JUGS gallery Tracey.

ElizStewart said...

Tracey... love everything (!) about your dripping hearts. What an amazingly fun set of cards! Great use of the colors. Thanks ever so much for joining and sharing at Just Us Girls this week.

Silke Ledlow said...

I love these cards Tracey...so fun and sweet!

cm said...

Tracey, you've created a lovely trio of cards. Such a pretty background die. I adore the inlay and your sweet sentiment hearts! Awesomeness, plus!
hugs~c

Cindy Beach said...

Tracey, you've sold me on this die with these gorgeous cards! I love the colors and the spanking clean look of your cards. A labor of love inlaying the hearts, but the result is fabulous!

Stef Perry said...

What sweet cards, Tracey! The look of the inlay is wonderful, which is a lot of detail, yet the cards remain CAS. LOVE this!

Bobby said...

When you have all the pieces you might as well make them into cards and yours are so fabulous, Tracey.

Greta said...

Absolutely love your cards, Tracey! Congrats on the win at JUGS--well-deserved! I did 2 inlay hearts cards with way less hearts. Cannot imagine doing all 3 of these like you did!

donna mikasa said...

Loved seeing these cards on IG and even more here up close! I jusr pulled out that cover plate and I'm inspired to use it this month. Thanks for sharing and the reminder!

JulieP said...

Your three-fer is amazing but ..... however did you manage to keep all of those little dots in place? Seriously. I'm in awe. LOL!

Nora Noll said...

These cards are simply AMAZING!! I love that background die!! Great design. Thank you for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!!

Nora
DT Member
Cupcake Inspirations Challenge