January 16, 2024

Color Hues #79 - Copper and Green

 We have a new colour duo starting today at the Color Hues for Color Challenge #79! Teammate Karen Walker picked the colours for this challenge, what a unique colour palette of Copper and Green! I pulled some supplies and decided to go with a St. Patrick's Day theme. 

  

I have a couple stamp sets from Catherine Pooler that came in an Club Sursee kit. The stamp set I chose to use is called Lucky Charm and I chose Catherine Pooler Lime Rickey ink for my green.

Using my MISTI and moving my paper along I was able to stamp the rainbow images in a perfect line. The embossed rainbow in the centre was stamped in first with Versafine ink after I had the other two stamped in green.

Now for the copper, I went through my embossing powders and found a jar of Brutus Munroe detailed embossing powder called Penny! It is the perfect shade of copper when heat embossed. I was doing some gymnastics when taking photos so you could see what I see.


A little side story, we no longer have pennies in circulation in Canada. They were withdrawn February 3, 2013. So how does that work? When pennies are not available transactions are rounded to the nearest five-cent increment. It manages to work itself out. For those who want to make sure they are paying the exact amount you can use a debit or credit card.


I added a couple sentiments from the set in black and finished it off by stamping and die cutting a four leaf clover from the Clovers & Blooms stamp set also from the same Club Sursee kit. I added that with a bit of foam tape.

The panel, trimmed to 5 1/4" x 4" was added to the card base with foam tape for a bit of extra dimension.


 

If you head over to the Color Hues blog you will see what the rest of the team has made with these colours. I thought the assortment of cards was amazing!

I can't wait to see what you do with these colours!

12 comments :

Karen said...

What a perfect choice for the Copper/Green combo! My husband's birthday is on St. Patrick's Day, and you've now given me a great idea for his birthday card. Your card design is perfect. I think we all struggled to get good photos of the copper--but for me, that's true of all metallics. I think the U.S. considered giving up the penny at one point, but so far they've stuck with it.

Cat Craig said...

What an adorable take on St. Pats andyou've used the colors fabulously.

Julie B said...

Yet another take on the colours Tracey, such a great idea. As Karen mentions, we've all struggled to get the photography right with the copper! :)

Kim Heggins said...

So sweet....those colors make the best St.Patrick's Day card, just love that shiny copper!!!

Bobby said...

Your copper rainbow fit right in with the green ones for a wonderful St. Patrick's Day card, Tracey.

Lisa Elton said...

Your copper rainbow is fabulous, Tracey! This is such a cute card and a cute use of the colors!

JulieP said...

I knew these were the perfect St. Patrick's day colors and I'm so happy to see that you did what I couldn't do. LOL!!! Loving this awesome CAS design. Stay warm my friend.

Nancy said...

I smiled from ear to ear when I saw this card in the gallery! Nobody does CAS as well as you! Awesome job! Try and stay warm up there!

Greta said...

Very fun way to use the colors, Tracey! Love those cute rainbows!
No more pennies has been talked about here, but so far, we still have them.

Stef Perry said...

Cute, cute, cute card Tracey! Love the trio of rainbows images in these colors. You are right, that color of embossing powder is the perfect copper, so it's going on my shopping list, as I discovered in creating my card I had NO copper ep. Your photography gymnastics description made me laugh, but I agree it's really the truth when using metallics. Take care and stay warm!

cm said...

Tracey, such a sweet trio of rainbows; perfect in green and copper. The four leaf clover is a charming touch! Love this!
hugs~c
PS. We definitely need a phone date!

Marcia Hill said...

CAS and just perfect Tracey! Great job on lining everything up so perfectly, and I too had to chuckle about your gymnastics to get the perfect photos!! You captured that copper brilliantly Tracey and it looks fabulous with the green! Did not know that you don't have pennies anymore in Canada, so thanks for the heads up...very interesting! Hope you're staying warm?! We made it to 20 today and thought about grilling for dinner...haha!! Ice storm tomorrow, so another day shut in again. Really looking forward to Spring!! Take care my friend! Hugs. :0)