July 16, 2023

Color Hues #68

Hi there, the new colours are up at the Color Hues Color Challenge #68!

Sorry to be a bit late posting but lots going on around here. My mom has just settled in to her new retirement home and last Wednesday she fell during the night and fractured her hip. Fortunately it's a small fracture and is should fully heal. With my siblings all away, my husband and I have been doing the back and forth to the hospital which is a two hour drive each way. The important thing is that she is doing okay. We do what needs to be done with love. 

Now on to my card for the challenge!


I used the Papertrey Ink Berry Branches 4 piece stencil set. The thing I love about this set is that is can be customized for just about any occasion. Just choose your colours and line up the stencils and you get a gorgeous full panel every time!
 

I used Catherine Pooler inks in Merlot and Eucalyptus! 


It so easy to line up this stencil and also easy to control the amount of ink you use.


The sentiment is from Waffle Flower and I layered it three times for dimension!



Pop over to the Color Hues and see what the rest of the team has designed!



6 comments :

Nancy said...

The colors on this card are just perfect, Tracey! At first, I didn't realize they were a stencil. I am going to go see if I can still get it. Awesome card and again let me say how sorry I am that the last few months have been so hard. I pray your mom is back on her feet soon and back home. The timing could not be any worse, as she was just accepting and adapting to her new home. HUGS!

I Card Everyone said...

I ALMOST used this stencil for my second helpings, Tracey! It's time it saw some ink in my studio!
Just gorgeous colors and beautiful results!
I so hope your mom heals well, and quickly with your loving attention, my friend.
xx

Bonnie said...

I LOVE these gorgeous berries, Tracey! I hope you mom heals quickly. I'm sure she it's a big help having you nearby.

Stef Perry said...

The stencil is fantastic and I love how you used it for this challenge, Tracey. I could also see it used for Christmas, it's so versatile. I sure hope your Mom recovers quickly, how unfortunate for her to fall when she was just settling into a new home. Take care!

Cindy Beach said...

What gorgeous colors and the berries look fabulous! I love how the inking of the stencil turned out. Hoping things settle down for you and your Mom soon. That's quite a long commute!

cm said...

Tracey, you do 'all' things with love, be that caring for you mom (hopefully, by now, she's well on the road to her fracture healing), your family, your friends and even your card-making. Your berry branches are gorgeous; talk about acing the colour combination! Sending hugs your way, with extras to share with your mom.
hugs~c