March 1, 2023

Color Hues #59

Hi there friends!

How can it be March the 1st already! We start a new challenge today at the Color Hues Color Challenge for Challenge #59! Design team member Carol chose our new colours of green & gold.

I couldn't decide if I was going to make Something using the January Catherine Pooler Club Sursee kit or something with the Pinkfresh Studio Detailed Leaf hot foil plate. I know, right? So why not both!

My first card was made using the Catherine Pooler Club Sursee January kit. I stamped and die cut two sizes of clover images from the Clovers & Blooms stamp set. The 'lucky' word die was cut three times from white cardstock and once from Sizzix mirror gold opulent cardstock. All the layers were glued together with the gold on top.

Once arranged everything on the card front. I positioned the 'to have you' sentiment from the Lucky Charm stamp set. Some pieces were glued directly to the card front and some were added with foam tape. The front stitched panel was added to the card base with foam tape.




A little closer look at the shine.


My second care was made using the PinkFresh Studio's Detailed Leaf hot foil plate and the matching PinkFresh Studio Detailed Leaf stencil set. The imagine was first hot foiled in gold and then stenciled using three different green inks (listed below).


The image was cut with the coordinating die and added to a stitched rectangle with foam tape.


The sentiment is Studio Katia's Birthday Greetings heat embossed in gold.


This is such a gorgeous die!

Be sure to head over to the Color Hues Color Challenge if you haven't been there yet to see what my fabulous teammates have made for green & gold.

Thanks so much for stopping in today!

15 comments :

!neke said...

Great card !!!!!
groeten Ineke

Cat Craig said...

I am so loving those leaves...fabulous.

Julie B said...

Your hot foil designs are really testing my resolve not to indulge Tracy! It's getting so hard to resist getting a machine!! :)

Bobby said...

I love them both,Tracey. The greens look so bright against the gold.

Lisa Elton said...

Two pretty cards, Tracey! Love that fabulous foiled leaf!

I Card Everyone said...

Tracey, as hard as it was for you to choose which set to use, the struggle is the same for me to choose a favorite from the two. But you know how much I love leaves, right? I may have to get that set out again soon!
Love them both!
=]

Nancy said...

OMG, You and Karen had the same idea with amazing results. I love both of your cards, Tracey. The first card is balanced so well and I love that script lucky and then as I said, your leaf card is gorgeous. A great challenge and well executed for sure.

JulieP said...

Holy Cow Wow!!! These are both INCREDIBLE! Love the designs...and you even got great photos with the shine. Amazing.

Jeanne H said...

Really beautiful cards!

Marcia Hill said...

Both of these cards are absolutely BEAUTIFUL Tracey and look like they were both made specifically for this color combination! I just LOVE the shine in the "lucky" on your first card...totally POPS!! And that greenery die with the gold foiling makes me wonder why I didn't order it...it is SOOOOO pretty! Lovely, lovely cards my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Greta said...

2 gorgeous cards, Tracey! If I had a foiling machine, I'd have to get that wonderful branch! Love the colors you used for stenciling!

Cindy Beach said...

Both cards are gorgeous, but I love the clean simplicity of the clovers. That gold scripty sentiment is perfection!

Karen said...

Love the CAS design of both cards, and prefer your take with that beautiful Detail Leaf to mine! I've pinned this one.

cm said...

Talk about a dazzling duo of cards, Tracey! They're so different, but so incredibly stunning! Love them both - especially since they embrace and elevate the colour combination!
hugs~c

Stef Perry said...

Both cards are so beautiful Tracey, but I am totally smitten with the first one! Your layout with those charming shamrocks and the lovely gold die cut lucky is amazing! You make CAS sing!