February 16, 2023

Color Hues #58

Hi there friends! Today we start another new color duo at the Color Hues Color Challenge #58

I chose the colours for this challenge and chose Lime Green and Cyan because I think we all could use a little bit of brightness this time of the year. We have seen so much snow and grey skies here this winter and I'm missing the sunshine so much. 

On to my card, if you have done any foiling you know how hard it is to take a good photo of it. SO my photos may seem a bit overexposed but I wanted to catch the shine. I stenciled the Studio Katia Birthday Balloons stencil for the front of my card. Then I added an MFT Stamps Happy Birthday foil die using turquoise foil. A few Studio Katia Sparkling Round Gems and called it done.



A couple more photos to capture the foiling.


The sparkle gems have a cross hatched pattern on them that kind of hard to see in the photo but look really good as a subtle accent.


Head over to the Color Hues to see what my fabulous teammates have created with the colors!
I can't wait to see what you do this challenge.




13 comments :

Bobby said...

This is a vibrant color combination, Tracey, and making cards using it should lift anyone's spirits. Just like your balloons are lifting off. You did a great job with photographing the foil. The shine is beautiful.

Lisa Elton said...

Love the shimmery shine on your sentiment, Tracey! This is a delightful card!

Cat Craig said...

Great take on the challenge.

Karen said...

Wow, that turquoise foil is fabulous---as are the overlapping stenciled balloons! What a great birthday card!

Linda said...

Tracey, love the vibrant colors you picked for the challenge. Your balloons are perfect for the challenge. Awesome card with the foiled greeting. Thanks for having me as GD at Color Hues.

Nancy said...

Tracey, I love this card so much and your colors were a huge hit amongst the DT. Can't wait to see what are participants do. I don't have any colored foil. I guess I better go shopping! Hugs!

Marcia Hill said...

What a sweet, SWEET card Tracey and I love your color combination for this challenge! Lots of gray skies here in West MI too, so I loved playing with your color choices!! Your stenciled balloons are perfection and the foiled sentiment is FABULOUS! This would definitely be a fun card to receive!! Hugs. :0)

Tee said...

Gorgeous card! Love the big, beautiful balloons and sentiment!

Kim Heggins said...

Absolutely beautiful card...love those colors and your shiny sentiment!

Stef Perry said...

For sure, trying to photograph foiled cards is tough but you certainly managed it well - love that sentiment and those cute balloons drifting off the card! Thank you for the great color combo, Tracey, it's one of my favorites!

JulieP said...

First off, you did an amazing job with the photos. We all know how hard shine and sparkle are to photograph. Your card is wonderfully fun. (loved your color combo!!!)

Cindy Beach said...

Great colors for your challenge, Tracey, we do need a spot of spring! Your balloons are lovely and the foiled sentiment adds the perfect touch of shine. Your card is a beautiful way to send birthday wishes.

Greta said...

What a great balloon stencil & love the color combo you chose, Tracey! Beautiful, happy card with that great foiled sentiment!