November 1, 2022

Color Hues #52

Happy November!

It's time for a new color duo at the Color Hues Color Challenge #52!

Teammate Hannelie chose our colours and at first I was a bit stumped of what to do but then I grabbed the new PinkFresh Swirl Background stencil and created a fun background using all five stencils with only two colours! 

I used Catherine Pool Catching Rays and Aquatini ink from the Party Collection. Creating the pinwheel was easy with this set. Each stencil is a double, meaning that you can create both sides of each band at the same time. I created the pinwheel and then using the 5th stencil I was able to create another thin band beside each band. I may need a bit more practice with the stencils to get that crisp white line beside each band but I was happy with the way it turned out.

I ink blended a small piece of cardstock with Catching Rays and white embossed my Happy Birthday sentiment from the Spellbinders Shopping Bags stamp set. I cut it out with a circle punch and added it to the centre of the swirl panel with foam tape.

I trimmed the panel down to 5 1/4" x 4" and adhered it to a white card base.

Please head over to the Colour Hues and see the wonderful creations that my teammates have made. They amaze and inspire me every single time.

I can't wait to see what you create, thank for stopping in!


9 comments :

Bobby said...

I love the pinwheel in those colors, Tracey. It's so festive!

I Card Everyone said...

Practice, schmacktice, Tracey! It's fabulous!!
=]

Julie B said...

I like the imprecise stencilling, it looks as if there is a crease in the arms of the swirl! :)

Cat Craig said...

Fabulously cheery!

Karen said...

When I saw this card, I thought to myself: "Perfect!" And it is. I've used that stencil twice now and have had the same issues, although I was trying NOT to get the while line. Maybe I'd better try this again!

Cindy Beach said...

I am with you, I was stumped too. LOVE what you did with that fun stencil!

Nancy said...

What a fun design for any occasion. I love it in this color combo. Happy Birthday once again!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, how fun! Great job, Tracey!

Kristie Goulet said...

This is such a fun, happy card, Tracey! I love it! Have a great week!