March 1, 2016

CCC #187 and the 30 Day Coloring Challenge - Day 30

IMG_9784


It's time for this week's new Cue Card at CASology!
This week our cue word is:



Perfect cue word to use Lawn Fawn's Loads of Fun stamps and dies. I decided to make the drum of the washer spin. I die cut the drum out of the washer with a 1 3/4" circle die that was the perfect size. I used the same die to cut two additional 1 3/4" pieces from thin chipboard and I cut one piece that was a 2 1/4" circle.

The clothing drum was adhered to two pieces of 1 3/4" chipboard. The larger chipboard piece was laid on the card base, I just left it loose. I adhered the front panel overtop using foam tape and then I adhered the chipboard backed clothing drum onto the larger chipboard piece behind the front panel. When all the pieces are adhered it keep them in place. Nothing fancy, it is a manual washer, you have to spin the drum with your hands--lol


tracey_CCC#187

This is for Day 30 of Kathy Racoosin's 30 Day Coloring Challenge at The Daily Marker.com!
The last day of the challenge, I only missed a couple of days this time, I love how these challenges really push me.





Head over to CASology to see what the rest of the Design Team created this week. Hope to see you play along with us.


19 comments :

Karen B. said...

What a cool card and very cool idea!

Joyce said...

Holy cow, Tracey. You have made laundry cute, sweet and fun. How the heck did you do that, and can you please come over to my house and help me with my laundry...pretty please.

Annette Allen said...

this set is so fun and I LOVE your card..

Unknown said...

The sad faces on the sock make me smile lol. Too sweet!!!

Lynn said...

Such a fun take on the cue word Tracey!

Lisa Elton said...

If laundry was really this cute, we wouldn't mind doing it LOL!! What fun card Tracey!

Cat Craig said...

such a fun take on the challenges. I love the face on the socks.

Bobby said...

This was cute without the actual spin factor, Tracey, but to actual see the clothes spin is genius. You said you'd get a lot of use from this set and I guess you are.

Barb Ghig said...

Such a fun card, Tracey! Beautiful coloring, and I love how you separated the socks and gave them sad faces...so CUTE@

Anita in France said...

How brilliant, Tracey ... laundry will never be the same again! Fun and clever ... and so very cute! Hugs, Anita :)

ElizStewart said...

Love your thought process so much! So cute!

Kate said...

Oh, this is just SO fun!! What a great idea for the "spin" challenge. Love it!!

Judy1223 said...

Seriously PERFECT card! So absolutely adorable!!!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Tracey, this is fantastic. I love the frowns on the socks! What a great cue this is to play with.

Celeste Goff said...

Oh, how fun! What a great card!

Anonymous said...

This made me chuckle! I swear this is the story of about half a dozen socks in my house! How sad does that lone sock look?? Love your rotary spinner! THE perfect card for SPIN!

Nora Noll said...

Totally FUN!! I so wanted this stamp set but it was sold out. LOVE your take on "Spin!"

Jinny Newlin said...

SO, stinkin' CUTE! Love that you've made this interactive!

Kreative Kymona said...

Hey Tracey!! I'm so jealous that you received your stamp set!! I'm still waiting on mines. You did a fantastic job with this stamp set. Nice!