February 24, 2016

Loads of Fun Birthday and 30 Day Coloring Challenge - Day 24

IMG_9722


Happy Hump Day!

ETA--This card was made for Kim Heggins for her birthday on March 21st, now that the birthday party linky is set up on Kylie's blog I can add that to this post.  Happy Birthday Kim!

I was so excited when I received happy mail yesterday from Lawn Fawn.
The Loads of Fun set is so cute and I can think of so many different types of cards that it could be used for.

Our last house had a laundry room upstairs on the third floor. So when our kids were young they didn't have hampers in their rooms. At the end of the day the laundry went into the laundry room. They put the whites in the whites basket and darks into the dark. Once they were in junior high I would put their clean clothes on their beds and they would put their own clothes away. Once they were in high school I made sure they knew how to do laundry, I still did it but I wanted them to know how.  A good system right?

So I was puzzled why when they come home from university that they bring home all their laundry?
It has become the joke that because I miss them so much they bring it for me-lol Well last week when they were home I asked about what they do at school? Well laundry is really expensive especially the dryer! Further discussion lead to how expensive fruit and veggies are. I had to laugh out loud, they are learning about life!

Back to the card, I think I will be pulling this one out a lot. I started by stamping and colouring all the images. Then of course I had to watercolour a background--do you remember going through this with me and sequins? Once it was dry I played around with the images to find a placement that worked and adhered them to the base. The washing machine and watercolour panel were adhered with foam tape for dimension.


tracey_loadsoffunbday

This is also for Day 24 of Kathy Racoosin's 30 Day Coloring Challenge at The Daily Marker.com!




I am also submitting this to this week's Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Anything Goes!



27 comments :

Rahmat said...

Tracey, this is a fun set, with the laundry. Your water colored background looks great, and the images are colored really nicely.
Yes, it is a great system, my kids are in grade 9 &10 now, and they are responsible for their own laundry since last one year. I do it every once in a while, but they handle it most of the time. Plus they do some cooking and housework too. I just want them to be independent once they leave for college. Hopefully they will be ;)

Kara said...

So cute!

Teresa Doyle said...

Such a cute card. I love this set.

Susi said...

Love the watercolour wash BG - such a fun birthday card, Tracey! Gotta PIN it :-)

Karen B. said...

Best time of my life when my parents paid all the bills! Great card!

Diane Jaquay said...

The washing machine with the little pieces of clothing, so adorable! I have to laugh at your story about your kids and laundry, Connor brings his laundry home every time he visits. He told me the hardest thing about his first semester at college was having to do his own laundry lol! Sheesh, kids these days lol!

Kay Miller said...

This is just adorable Tracey! That's such a fun stamp set! Cute story about your kids and their laundry! :)

Jen W. said...

Yup - that set is seriously cute and has gone right onto my wish list! Love the inked background and those tight whiteys crack me up!

Sherrie M. said...

Very cute card Tracey! You are really making the most out of this coloring challenge! Your background is seamless and beautiful. Love hearing about how kids learn the realities of life. I remember the days of searching for quarters to do laundry.... :)

Maria said...

Hehehe...love your laundry post, Tracey! Yes, kids do learn the cost of things when they are out on their own! Your card is just too CUTE!

Rachel Bergfeld said...

I remember doing the same thing to my mom when I was in college! She finally got fed up and made me do it even if I brought it home, lol!

Honestly though, your card is gorgeous! I always love a soft watercolored background with copic colored images. Looks amazing!

Shelly said...

Super cute card, Tracey!!
And my kids don't get laundry baskets in their rooms, either. I can envision all the 'clean' clothes they would put in there! lol ;) Though, I'm pretty sure I'll be in the same boat as you when they get older. ;) Glad to hear all is well. Hugs

Cat Craig said...

I love that watercolored background, so perfect for this card. I imagine you'll have lots of fun with college aged kids and this set.

Unknown said...

What a fun card and oh so cute! Love the blue background! !

Barb Ghig said...

Such a cute card and I love your watercolored background! It's fun to hear about your kiddos....life is filled with lessons, that's for sure! And, I'm sure they've told you that their laundry comes out so much better when you do it :)

~amy~ said...

chuckling at the laundry story....love your fun card!

Anita in France said...

So fun and cute, Tracey ... gorgeous watercolour background! Loved the laundry story! Hugs, Anita :)

Lindsey said...

Teehee, what a fun card! Lovely colouring, too.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh now this is FUN!! Great watercolored background too! I remember the college days and the laundry Joe would bring with him!! Good thing he had a lot of underwear to get him through till he came home LOL!!

Virginia L. said...

I bet you do such a super duper job in laundry....I mean, look at this card--so clean and fresh! Brilliantly done, Tracey! No wonder your (and my) kids always bring home the laundry goodies! LOL. Seriously though, it is still good for the kids to be away (even though they still bring laundry home).

Joyce said...

Super cute, Tracey. I never thought a person could make a card with laundry, and yet you have done it! Funny about your kids--I am starting to see that with mine--what, everything is not free anymore now that mom's not paying?

Lynn said...

Smiling from ear to ear. So fun to watch them grow up. Your card is adorable.

Nora Noll said...

How fabulous!! I LOVE this fun laundry stamp!! This is on my list to buy. Love your discussions with your kids. It is amazing what they learn when they are away!!

Bobby said...

Doing kid's laundry. It brings back memories, Tracey. I'd rather do it on a cute card like this.

Jinny Newlin said...

They forget so quickly. My hubby swears he did his own laundry in college, but I'd never leave him alone to sort mine. Everything would end up pink. LOL! Such a cute card! I adore this set! You're making me want to dig a little deeper into my pocketbook ;).

Gayatri said...

What fun card, Tracey! Love the pun sentiment :) Thanks for joining in Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge :)
Gayatri xx

Kim Heggins said...

Tracey...thank you so much for the sweet card. You know how much I love that stamp set, just so adorable. Thank you so much for taking the time to join the party and make my birthday so special.