February 23, 2016

CCC #186 and the 30 Day Coloring Challenge

IMG_9713

It's time for a new challenge at CASology!

This week our Cue Card is:



This is also for Day 23 of Kathy Racoosin's 30 Day Coloring Challenge at The Daily Marker.com!




I watched Jennifer McGuire's video on Watercolour Lifting and I had to give it a try. It seems lately I have been reaching for watercolours before ink--lol The technique is really fun to do. I started by sponging four different Distress Inks onto a watercolour panel, then added water, then clear embossing my background and added more water. 

Not sure if the colours are a bit too bold for CAS design but I was so pleased with how it turned out I let it be the main panel. Then just added a simple plain white sentiment so it didn't fight with the background.


tracey_CCC#186




Head over to CASology to see what the rest of the Design Team created this week. Hope to see you play along with us.


21 comments :

Unknown said...

I LOVE this! The colors are just gorgeous together! that background is fabulous!!

Ardyth said...

Gorgeous rich colour and texture! I see we have the same Lawn Fawn supplies! lol!

Marianne said...

I saw Jennifer's video and cards the other day and I cannot wait to try this myself. Love how your card turned out, Tracey.

Shelly said...

Oh, this is beautiful!!

Joyce said...

Absolutely gorgeous. I was wondering how you did this. Really amazing.

Kelly Griglione said...

Tracey, I love this! I haven't seen Jennifer's video, so thanks for sharing a link. If it turns out like this, I'm going to have to watch it!! Great call on the simple white sentiment.

Cat Craig said...

Such beautiful vibrant colors and the pop of white is perfection. Fabulous card.

Lisa Lara said...

Love all the color Tracey.

Annette Allen said...

wow that background is awesome.. such a pretty card

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lindsey said...

I want to try this technique, too! You have totally rocked it here, Tracey! And why can't CAS be bright and bold?

Lisa Elton said...

Incredibly beautiful Tracey!!!

TK said...

Wonderful card! I love the colors and you did a fantastic job on the "ink lifting"!

Anita in France said...

Wow, Tracey ... what a stunner ... the white sentiment is the perfect complement to those delicious vibrant colours! Hugs, Anita :)

Kay Miller said...

Oooooh so pretty! That background is stunning!!

Jen W. said...

I keep hearing about this technique and I'm going to have to check it out because your card is gorgeous and I want to try it! I love those bright, happy colours!

Sherrie M. said...

Gorgeous background Tracey! I'm loving distress inks lately and have watching Jennifer's video on my 'to-do' list.

Barb Ghig said...

I love how you used Jennifer's technique on your background and your embossed flowers and leaves are so pretty! Fabulous scripty sentiment, too! Thanks for reminding us that 'white space' doesn't have to be white!

Lynn said...

What a gorgeous background. I love this Tracey.

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I love this!! What a fab technique! That's one I need to try too! LOVE your palette!!

Jinny Newlin said...

I'm right there with you reaching for watercolors before ink, too. I saw this video and so want to give it a try. You've totally done right by it! Absolutely beautiful, and so full of delicious color!