February 25, 2016

Birthday Shellfish and the 30 Day Coloring Challenge - Day 25

IMG_9725


This is for Day 25 of Kathy Racoosin's 30 Day Coloring Challenge at The Daily Marker.com!




More Lawn Fawn goodness today as I am using the newly released Year Six stamps and die. I wasn't quite sure how I wanted to colour this sweet little set, any oyster I have ever seen has been grey and white. So I ended up creating 6 of them. One I stamped on a previously watercoloured panel, three more were coloured with Copic markers and the last two were watercoloured with my ZIG Clean Color Brush Markers.

I sponged Salty Ocean Distress Ink onto a wonky stitched square frame and splattered a bit of water on it for effect. There is a bit of Wink of Stella on the shellfish. The other 5 will go into my leftover dish for another time.


tracey_YearSix

The wink close up...funny I can capture the shimmer with my iPhone not with my Canon Rebel.

wink


I am also submitting this to this week's Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Anything Goes!



18 comments :

Anita in France said...

Oh, Tracey, how adorable ... what a fabulous watery background to this shimmery sweetie pie oyster ... soooo cute! Hugs, Anita :)

Teresa Doyle said...

Your card is so sweet Tracey. (I don't have an iPhone but my daughter does and it takes better pics. than MY camera as well??? I really need to learn to use it...LOL)

Karen B. said...

Such a sweet card. The sparkle is an awesome touch.

Annette Allen said...

so totally cute..

Kim Heggins said...

Tracey....this is as cute as they come! Just love your sweet little clam and that gorgeous pearl!

Happy Dance said...

So sweet Miss Tracey!! Love that little wonky frame, and those LF stamps are adorable. Great watercoloring and perfect use of the WoS. Great, happy birthday card! xo Bev

Diane Jaquay said...

This is so adorable, Tracey! I need to get some of those wonky stitched dies, I love them every time I see them used and I have none!

TK said...

Soooo sweet! Love the little pearl, and big blue ocean.

Virginia L. said...

This is spot on!! A little coloring can do so much, right? Love your soft water-coloring, Tracey! Hope you are staying warm and cozy on this very wintery day (yeah, hurry up, spring!!)! Warm hugs!

Joyce said...

This is too cute, Tracey.

Greta said...

Too cute, Tracey! I need to use Salty Ocean more!

Lisa Elton said...

Total cuteness Tracey!!

Kelly Griglione said...

So adorable! Love that you made this a square card ... it really fits your design. And I too get frustrated with expensive cameras not taking a great photo (compared with my point and shoot) all the time. I think I may need a new lens.

Lindsey said...

Funny, I pull out my phone to get shimmer close-ups, too! This is an adorable card! You're right, colouring an oyster is a bit of a challenge... good we don't have to be too realistic. ;)

Cat Craig said...

What a sweet card, I love the shape - squares are fun when your subjects are curvy. That frame is fabulous too.

Nora Noll said...

This is adorable. Love the wash behind that totally cute oyster. Such great design.

Barb Ghig said...

Oh, this is too cute! I love how you added the soft blue behind the oyster, and the wonky stitches are the perfect touch!

Melissa Bove said...

Adorable card Tracey! Such a sweet image!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa