March 11, 2013

Merry Monday Challenge #53



I hope you had a great weekend!

We are on our March Break this week so no school, two teenagers happily sleeping in and no lunches to make.  Yes I still make their lunches because then I know they are eating, and it isn't take out.  It is time for another Merry Monday, I am having a great time as the Featured Designer this month. Everyone of the team is wonderful.  This week is a sketch week and here is the sketch:


and here is my card:



I pulled out my Waltzingmouse Ornate Ornaments for the first time and of course they stamp beautifully.    This set co-ordinate with the Spellbinders 2010, 2011 and 2012 Heirloom Ornament dies.

I hope you come and play along with us at Merry Monday this week, my stash of Christmas cards is growing and I know I will be so happy come next December!

Cardstock:  Vintage Cream (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Very Merry Christmas (Echo Park)
Stamps: Ornate Ornaments (Waltzingmouse)
Ink:  Smokey Shadow, Melon Berry
other: jute twine, foam tape

25 comments :

Janet's Joy said...

Love the ornament stamp and the colours you used!

Michelle said...

Very pretty card ,I love this stamp set so thank you for the inspiration to get cracking on with my Christmas cards !

LeAnne said...

Love this color palette....gorgeous card!

Bonnie said...

What a pretty ornament and shows so well in front of that pretty paper!

Wendy said...

Such a pretty card, Tracey! Love the colors you used and that beautiful ornament! Great job with this week's sketch!!
Enjoy your week off!! :)

Susan Joyce said...

Love the Vintage ornament image Tracey and your non traditional DSP fantastic CAS card.

carol (krillsister) said...

Pretty card. Lovely ornament. Great vintage feel with the background paper.

Vicki Burdick said...

Love this, that big ornament is awesome!!

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty ornament Tracey and I love the red paper in the background! When our son was in high school I would pack his lunch and had to throw in extra homemade brownies or cookies for his friends!! Enjoy your week with the kids ;)

Sherry Eckblad said...

Tracey, I love what you did with the skketch this week. Thanks for being our featured designer at Merry Monday.
Also I love your blog banner, did you design it?

Joyce said...

Awesome card--I love your take on the sketch, and the red and grey look so classic together.

Kay Miller said...

Oh I just love this Tracey! That ornament is so pretty! Your card just jumped right out at me in the gallery at MM! Can't way to play along!

Alanna said...

What a beautiful card. I just love that ornament.

~Tammy~ said...

A beauty and a wonderful take to the sketch!

Virginia L. said...

SWOON!! This is so gorgeous! I adore the colors and composition, Tracey!Perfect take on the sketch challenge!

Marybeth said...

Only you can make a Christmas card with an ornate ornament and still make it look CAS. Love this ! Enjoy the easier schedule with the kids on break.

Kim Heggins said...

Tracey, this is such an elegant Christmas card. Your colors are beautiful an that little bow out of the twine, the perfect sweet little touch.

Sharron said...

What a striking card! The gray ornament against that beautiful paper is so pretty & elegant! Enjoy your week!!

Lesley said...

This is just so pretty Tracey! I love that ornament set and the CAS look! I am so happy you make your kids their lunches! As a teacher, I just think that is wonderful! Enjoy the week...my week off is next week and I am ready for it!
Hugs,
Lesley

Notes by Nina said...

Lovely card Tracey, I love CAS look of your card and the ornament is fabulous.

Notes by Nina said...

Lovely card Tracey, I love CAS look of your card and the ornament is fabulous.

Notes by Nina said...

Fabulous card Tracey, I love CAS look and your ornament is beautiful.

Michelle said...

Wonderful christmas card...love the ornament stamp!

Kelly Griglione said...

Wow, your card looks exactly like the sketch, well done! Love your twine on a Christmas card. And the gray color. So cool!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh my this is stunning - LOVE that big gorgeous bauble!