March 12, 2013

colourQ #180 & 450 posts almost here!



Happy Tuesday!  Time for this week's colourQ palette!  Lots of green this week, thinking spring and St. Patrick's Day and grass something we haven't seen much of this winter.  I hope you are seeing signs of spring where you are.  We were hovering above freezing today and it is raining, the snow is disappearing--a good sign.



I finally inked up Framed Out #12 and used a S. Patrick's Day sentiment from Tag Its for my card.  The stripes were made with Background Basics: Stripes.




We hope that you come a play with us this week at the colourQ and while you are there make sure to visit the blogs of the rest of the Design Team to see their fabulous creations.

I am also submitting this card to the Simon Says Stamps A Bit O'Green challenge.  I am hitting my 450th post this week and to celebrate I am offering up a special treat to one of my randomly selected followers.  Please don't follow me just for the 'treat' but because you enjoy visiting my blog and find it as a source of inspiration.

All supplies are from Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted.
Cardstock:  White, New Leaf
Stamps: Background Basics: Super Stripes, Framed Out #12, Tag Its #1
Ink:  New Leaf, Simply Chartreuse, Smokey Shadow, True Black
Dies: Framed Out #12

23 comments :

Mary Pat Siehl said...

love the green ink- super job

Kristie Goulet said...

I love how you used the colors Tracey!

LeAnne said...

Love it....your stripes are SO STRAIGHT!!! You are the queen of CAS!

Emily Keaton said...

Adorable card, Tracey! I love all those stripes and chevrons. I always love stopping by to be inspired by your fabulous creations :-)

Alanna said...

This is so cute. I live all the stripes.

Annette Allen said...

I so love this...those stripes look awesome and love the little sentiment...great card..

450 post woohoo congratulations.. :)

Cathy Weber said...

I was really examining your card Tracey and realized how really good you are at color combinations. The layering of the colors seems simple to do, but you placed the black strip perfectly to break up the other greens. Such a well done card. Congrats on the 450 posts! I always expect something cute when I look at your blog!

Kim Heggins said...

Congrats on your 450th post, so exciting! You are always an amazing source of inspiration to me and this card is another one, so pretty and very festive for the upcoming holiday. I love that little frame it's, another stamp that I have not inked up. This is just perfect!

Rosemary said...

cute card, tracey... i have that little framed out set, but haven't used it yet. you have given me some great inspiration! congrats on reaching that posting milestone!

Lisa Elton said...

A perfect use of the new colors Tracey, your little tag is super cute! 450 post...WOW were DOES the time go!!! Congrats ;)

Joyce said...

This is so cute. I think those greens are difficult to use together, but you totally nailed it. And, I can't believe I forgot about that awesome framed out die--I love how you found just the perfect sentiment for that little space.

Virginia L. said...

This is so sweet and perfect! I adore the green and you used it so fabulously, Tracey!

Virginia L. said...

And congrats on reaching a blog milestone! You so such beautiful work, Tracey!

Lin said...

Love how crisp this is, Tracey. Thanks for sharing your card with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge: "A Bit o' Green"! Congrats on the milestone!

Marybeth said...

Looks like you will be set for Simon Says …smile! Great card and congrats on almost 450 !

Janet's Joy said...

You are one busy lady!! Great job!

Janet's Joy said...

You are one busy lady!! Great job!

Jen Mitchell said...

Cool, graphic card Tracey!

Renee said...

Perfect!
Love how you used these colors...
the 2 greens would throw me and you mastered them! :)

Jen W. said...

So cute! Loved that Framed Out stamp and those yummy stripes!

Michelle said...

Great design, Tracey!

Christina said...

I'm smitten with stripes lately, so this jumped right out at me. Love the mix of greens (I find greens so challenging!) and that tiny Polaroid frame.

Sylvia said...

Fun card, Tracey, you did a wonderful job with the stripes, a lovely CAS card! Have a wonderful Thursday!