March 18, 2013

Merry Monday #54 & A Blog Named Hero: Freestyle



Happy Monday, welcome for another fun week at Merry Monday.
I am having a great time playing along with the Design Team girls and my Christmas card stash for next year is loving it too.

This week's challenge is to create a Christmas card that uses a snowman.



I started with a blue card base and I stamped and embossed in white with the Tiny Flakes cling stamp from Hero Arts.  I added two snow drifts iced with Frosted Lace Stickles then stamped my older Hero Arts woodblock snowman with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and fussy cut and coloured with Copics.  The final touch was a sentiment in black, I like the way the sentiment looks like the snow in falling in front of it because the embossing resisted the stamping.  I am also entering this card into this week's A Blog Named Hero: Freestyle challenge!




I hope you come and play along with us at Merry Monday this week.  I am so happy my stash of Christmas cards is growing and I know you will be too come next December!  Please visit the rest of the team and see there amazing creations:






Cardstock:  White, Spring Rain (Papertrey Ink)
Stamps: Tiny Flakes, Snowman (Hero Arts) Think Big Favorites #8
Ink:  Fresh Snow (Papertrey Ink) Versamark, Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
other: assorted Copics, Frosted lace Stickles, foam tape

26 comments :

Janet's Joy said...

I think your card is great!! I miss participating and growing my card stash too. Oh Tracey...you asked where we were....in Fort Myers Beach Florida.

Alanna said...

This is super cute. What a darling snowman.

Mary Pat Siehl said...

oh this is just way too cute!!!!

Brandi said...

This is so cute!

Notes by Nina said...

Fabulous card Tracey, your snowman is so cute. I agree with you I like how it looks like the snow is falling in front of the sentiment.

Vicki Burdick said...

So adorable, love how the sentiment looks behind the snowflakes!!!

Jean Martin said...

Ooooh! I love the glitter and embossing! This is beautiful Tracey! This is making me want to start early with my Christmas cards! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! Love the way you embossed the snowflakes over the sentiment. It adds such depth. And I always love a preppie snowman!!

Lisa Elton said...

What a cute frosty fella this is Tracey! Your layered snowdrifts with the sparkly tops nestle him in nicely.I agree with you on the way your sentiment turned out..it looks amazing!!!

Emily Keaton said...

That is so totally cute, Tracey! I love how you did the snowbanks :-)

Marybeth said...

Really pretty Tracey! Love your snowflakes and the sweet snowman.

Lesley said...

Absolutely adorable Tracey! Love that embossed background and the popped up snowman. You create such fabulous cards! Love this!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so sweet! I love the glittered snowbanks!

Joyce said...

Such a cute snowman--great coloring! I really like how you did the snow and the sentiment. It really does look like the snow is falling in front of the sentiment.

Lynn said...

I love the adorable snowman and all the fabulous snowflakes!

Stephanie said...

Cute card! Love the fun colors and the dimension you created with the snow drifts! Thanks for playing along with us at A Blog Named Hero!

Bonnie said...

I may have left a comment earlier. If I repeat myself, just delete one. I love this snowman and the fact that he comes with accessories! Your snowbanks are fantastic and I love, love, love the snow falling around and in front of the sentiment! Hope you have a great week!

Wendy said...

How adorable, Tracey! I love that snowman and your cute sentiment!
Fabulous job with the snowman challenge!
Have a great week! :)

Annette Allen said...

how CUTE CUTE CUTE... i love this little snowman and the snowflakes.. so adorable..

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is totally cute Tracey - LOVE this snowman and I'm super-impressed with your snowflake stamping!

Sharron said...

Love it, Tracey! Your snowman is adorable and the background looks fabulous. Great job with the embossed snowflakes!

carol (krillsister) said...

Awesome card. That snowman is adorable. Love the background of the snowflakes. The embossing technique looks so pretty on this card.

Lauren said...

This is so pretty! It really does look like the snow is falling in front of the sentiment.

Unknown said...

I just love this! Great job with the snowflake background and the ground :)

Margaret Moody said...

I LOVE your card, Tracey! Your little snowman looks so happy against the background of falling snow!

Susan Joyce said...

Love the embossed snowflakes and how the sentiment looks like the snow is falling on it Tracey, cute card.