March 12, 2013

CCC #35



Happy Tuesday Earthlings!

It is a fun week at CASology where this week's Cue Card is:



I pulled out some old October Afternoon patterned papers I had to make scrapbook pages for my son.  That collection was called Nite Light so die cute one of the images with my Lil' Inkers Stitched Mats.  I typed and printed the sentiment on the same piece a paper but on the flipside, matted the image and adhered it to a piece of Vintage Cream cardstock.  Patterned paper can be very effective on a CAS card as long and you keep the number of patterns and colours to a minimum.




I am also submitting this card to the Simon Says Stamps A Bit O'Green challenge. 


Head on over to CASology today to learn what the 'cue card' means to you, how you can play along and see the all the cards created by the Design Team to inspire you.


Tracey McNeely (that's me)

Guest Designer:  Beate

I can't wait to see what EXTRATERRESTRIAL means to you!

All supplies are from Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted.

Cardstock:  Vintage Cream
Patterned Paper: Nite Light Shapes (October Afternoon)
Dies: Stitched Mats (Lil' Inkers)
other: foam tape, Elephants in Cherry Trees font (Kevin & Amanda)

23 comments :

Cathy Weber said...

Earthling. So funny! Such a cute little monster and I love those stitched mats...must have missed that one but it looks just like a door and doorknob. Great idea.

Lisa Elton said...

Eeek! What a fun card Emily. The door and the star remind me of Monsters Inc.!!

Rosemary said...

so very cute, tracey!! love your "little green man", lol!!

Joyce said...

wow--this is creative, fun, and oh, so different. I love your little extraterrestrial.

Meghan said...

What a sweet little "green man." This is a perfect guy birthday card!

Inkyfingers said...

What a fun card Tracey. The bright colours really suit the fun and yet it is still CAS!!

Marybeth said...

How cute is this! Its adorable! Made me smile.

Janet's Joy said...

very cute liitle monster!!

carol (krillsister) said...

Cute little fellow, Love the background paper.

Emily Keaton said...

Now THAT is fun! Great creation, Tracey!

Renee said...

This is adorable!!
What a fun card...
good for any age! ;)

Jen W. said...

I think he's the cutest alien ever with that goofy face! LOL! And I so want those stitched mat dies...

Michelle said...

Oh my, oh my, oh my!!! How cute is this alien?!?! Love it, Tracey!

Kim Heggins said...

This is just too dang cute!!! Your little critter reminds me of the Disney movie, Monsters Inc. So clever and makes a really fun birthday card.

Kelly Griglione said...

LOVE this, Tracey! Love the one little green star, love the alien-retro green patterned paper. And the door ... totally screams Monsters Inc. to me.

Lisa Carroll said...

This is ADORABLE! Love the colors and perfect design! :) Thanks for playing along in our "Bit o' Green" challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog! xx

Gillian R said...

Such a great card, reminds me of monsters inc and I love that film

Kara said...

I love him!!

Unknown said...

OMG, love this funny monster! He is too cute and what a fun sentiment too. :) Thanks for your kind words, I miss you gals already! :( *hugs*

Bonnie said...

This really reminds me of the movie ET where ET and Elliott first see each other and scream! One of my favorite parts! Love this guy! He's scary in a fun sort of way!

Linda Beeson said...

He is the cutest little guy and loving all of the green.

Anonymous said...

Brilliant ... super cute, love all the green-ness! Anita :)

Sharron said...

Love your little guy! He definitely looks more scared than scary. Love all the green and that great sentiment!