May 6, 2012

colourQ challenge #135 & RS #10

Down to the wire with my colourQ submission for this week.  I love the better weather, the sunshine, the warmth but sadly along with that is the humidity which means I am entering migraine season.  :(  Today I woke up with a clear head after three days lost and finished my card.  This weeks RetroSketch was exactly what I needed to pull my ideas together.  The Harvest Gold panel was stamped, impressed with the Woodgrain Impression Plate and popped with foam dots.  I wrapped Aqua Mist Ribbon around  the the panel and the base.  I topped it off with a cute notched flower that I created with Aqua Mist, Pure Poppy and Harvest Gold felt to pull the colours together.  The button was die cut with Dark Chocolate cardstock.  Hope you enjoy.



           


All Supplies are from Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted:

Cardstock: White, Harvest Gold, Dark Chocolate, Dark Chocolate Gingham (Pattern Pack)
Stamps: Beautiful Butterflies
Ink: Dark Chocolate
Dies: Notched Flowers, Buttoned Up #1
Other: Aqua Mist, Harvest Gold, Pure Poppy felt, Woodgrain Impression Plate, Cappucino baker's twine (The Twinery)

20 comments :

Cyndie said...

Oh, very nice Tracey! You have really brought together the sketch and the colors perfectly--I love those vibrant flowers, and the textures and patterns all go together so well. So sorry you have been under the weather--take care of yourself!

Unknown said...

Okay...wow! Love the texture and the use of the patterned paper. The flower in place of the bow is a great touch. So glad you joined us again this week at the ColourQ.

Deb said...

So glad you are feeling better and that you were able to finish your card. I love how you used the Woodgrain IP and the felt notched flowers with the die cut button!!! Such a beautiful card! Hugs!

Lisa Elton said...

What a GREAT card Tracey, love the texture. Sorry you've been under the weather...migraines are no fun. FEEL BETTER ~ hugs ;)

Sylvia said...

Fabulous card, Tracey, I love those felt flowers and the embossing adds so much! Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ and sharing your card.

Another note, hope you are feeling better soon. Are your headaches from allergies or just pressure ones. Goggle for the list of foods that can cause migraines. I suffer from allergies and pressure migraines, so I watch foods I eat!

Arlene said...

Tracey, this is beautiful! My favorite part is the felt flower and the color combo you used...gorgeous!

LeAnne said...

Really cute....may have to CASE that felt flower, it so sweet! Glad to hear your migraine subsided...that's not fun at all. Thanks for playing with the CQC this week!

Kara said...

beautiful!! love the felt:) thanks so much for joining us this week at the ColoiurQ Tracey!!

Suzanne Russell said...

Love this cool, crisp design and the notched flower is the perfect embellishment. The yellow woodgrain is a fun change of pace!

Jen Mitchell said...

Sorry to hear you've been under the weather, but I'm glad you are back in the crafting game! I just love felt flowers so I adore this! Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

Kim Heggins said...

Just too cute...and I love that dark chocolate gingham paper and so happy I ordered that too. Great take on the sketch and colors too, so beautiful.

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Tracey. Love the colors and the felt flowers! I have that die set, but haven't done anything with it yet... time to break it in! :o)

Jackie Rockwell said...

LOVE this card Tracey! The bold colors and the gingham background are so yummy together! So glad you played RetroSketches this week!

Lisa Elton said...

Right back at ya girl!! Congrats on your Courtier win too & hugs ;)

Sherrie M. said...

Great card! Congrats on your Courtier win too! Gotta get me some of those notched flower dies.

Linda Beeson said...

That flower is so cool, LOVING the felt!

Ally said...

Tracey, I absolutely LOVE this card! You just always work magic with those ColourQ colors, I am always inspired. You are using all the new supplies I purchased too but haven't even cracked opan a peek yet! I seriously need to get using all these supplies. Love the gorgeous notched flower. So beautiful! ;-)

Arielle H Gordon said...

WOOHOO - Congrats on your SHOUTout this week at RetroSketches!!! Love your beautiful card!!! The colors are awesome![wink!] Thank you so much for playing with us!

Joyce said...

Two shout outs in one week!!! Yay for you. Congrats.

Marybeth said...

Congrats on this well deserved shout out!