September 1, 2024

Color Hues #94

Hi there crafty friends, can you believe it is September the 1st? I'm still trying to figure out where June went! What I really do think is wow this summer has flown and it seems that a lot of people feel the same way. The oak trees on my property have been dropping lots of acorns and it's time for a new color duo at the Color Hues Color Challenge #94! Teammate Carol has picked a unique fall palette of Rust and Green!

I used the new to me Concord & 9th Door Decor stamps and die set to decorate my door for the fall. I love that the dies works with half and quarter sheets of paper so you don't have waste and the card end up fitting into an A2 sized envelope. I started by cutting the card base with a light grey cardstock.




I used Concord & 9th Evergreen, Spiced Cider and Clementine cardstock for the door and the pumpkins and leaves.

Using a tip from Jennifer McGuire my doors are four layers each. Two layers glued together, a layer of clear acetate and another green door on top.


The pumpkins, leaves, banner and door handles are all included in the die set. There are also lots of other dies for other occasions!

The door handles were cut with Spellbinders gold metallic cardstock.


  If you haven't already visited the Color Hues Color Challenge Blog please stop by and see what my fabulous teammates have created for the challenge.  

Thanks so much for stopping by and I can't wait to see what you create with these colours!


9 comments :

Julie B said...

Love the die cut doors, they look really versatile, a different colour and you've got a totally different season! The leaves are really changing yet around here but there are lots of snirped up green ones and branches too after the strong winds of last week. :)

Karen said...

I'm a huge fan of door dies, and I've somehow missed seeing this one. The dark green doors (just like those on my house!) make the pumpkins just pop! This shaped card couldn't be more lovely!

Marcia Hill said...

Awwwwwww...I love your decorated Fall door Tracey! Almost makes me wish my front door was green! Seriously though, this is such a sweet, sweet card and uses the challenge colors perfectly...LOVE it!! Hugs. :0)

cm said...

Tracey, I'm completely smitten with your green doors and the arrangement of pumpkins you've decorated them with. Talk about an inviting entry way - and a fabulous use of rust and green! Your creativity really makes my colour combination shine! Thank you, my friend!
hugs~c

Cindy Beach said...

Tracey, what a terrific card! I see such versatility in the door dies and they look beautiful surrounded by those leaves and pumpkins. Such cool texture on those and I love how you used the transparent layer in the doors. I love it!

Stef Perry said...

Tracey, you've created such a delightful card with these door dies and fall elements! Jennifer always has the best tips, doesn't she? I love those pumpkins and can hardly wait until we can decorate our front porch with a few. Since mid-July it has been super hot here with lots of wildfire smoke most weeks, so I am ready for a change!

wienerhoneymooners said...

You really nailed this one!! I found this color combo a real challenge. When I saw your lovely card, I knew I had to try, and you also posted some truly sweet comments lately thank you they mean a lot to me. Being encouraged my very talented and warm supportive creative people makes my day. Hope your day is lovely.

Julia Aston said...

What a gorgeous fall doorway!

Greta said...

So many great details--love this, Tracey!