August 16, 2024

Color Hues #93

Hi there crafty friends, it`s time for a new color duo at the Color Hues Color Challenge #93! I'm the hostess this Challenge and I wanted to pick bright summer colours! ORANGE and YELLOW seemed perfect as we head into the second half of August.

I used the Simon Says Stamp Friendship Leafy Cluster stamps and dies for my card and tag today. I started by ink blending two sets of the leaf images. The first was darker than the second because as hard as I try I’m heavy handed and my results are always darker on paper than I’m my mind!

I prepared the white card base by splattering some yellow gold watercolour on to the panel. I attached it to the card base with foam tape. Then I added my leaf clusters on to the panel with assortment of foam circles.


The thanks was gold embossed and cut with the coordinating dies. For being a friend was white embossed on orange cardstock and attached with foam tape strips. 


I finished the card off with orange pearls for added interest!


Using my leftovers I created a tag. I had made a panel with orange and yellow Distress Oxide sprays in Carved Pumpkin and Mustard Seed. 

The tag shape, an old MFT set, was cut from the panel  I added the last remaining leaf cluster and a sentiment white embossed on yellow cardstock. 

I finished it off with yellow pearls and gold cording for the tie. Felt so good to make use of my leftovers!



 If you haven't already visited the Color Hues Color Challenge Blog I encourage you to stop by and see what my fabulous teammates have created for the challenge.  
Thanks so much for stopping by and I can't wait to see what you create!


13 comments :

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful!!!

Lisa Elton said...

How did this pretty leafy set get past me? I love what you've done with it, Tracey. Your card and your tag are beautiful!

I Card Everyone said...

Tracey, it will be hard for me NOT to reach for some of my own treasured leaves for your challenge! you know how much I love them, right? I'm already thinking about yellow and orange flowers as I'm not quite ready for Fall - though your Western edge of Ontario is calling to me!
=]

Cat Craig said...

Two stunning yellow and orange leaf projects.

Cindy Beach said...

How I LOVE your gorgeous card and the matching tag, Tracey! I can't get enough of the bright graphic style of those leaves and your fabulous ink blending! The lovely tag is a wonderful bonus and a great way to use those DOX sprays. WOW!

Nancy said...

Beautiful card and matching tag, Tracey! I know the gallery is going to be full of amazing cards. Thanks for such a great color duo!

Julie B said...

Wonderful card and tag Tracey, what a great way to use up those leftovers. I love the splatter background for your tag. as well as your blending on the leaves. :)

Stef Perry said...

First off, thank you for a great color combination, Tracey, and you've used it beautifully, of course! I absolutely adore those leaves and that you made a matching tag, with that awesome sprayed background. I can identify with the heavy handed ink blending as I'm similarly challenged, but yours look just lovely!

Marcia Hill said...

Your ink blending is absolutely BEAUTIFUL Tracey, and is so perfect on those lovely, lovely leaves! I just LOVE the yellow & orange color combo you chose, and your card & tag most definitely showcase these colors to the max! Love that you were able to use the leftovers for a tag too! Hugs. :0)

Karen said...

I love them both, but admit to being particularly partial to the "heavy-handed" ink blended leaves! All your design decisions were spot-on! Love the gold splatters and the ink-sprayed background of the tag. This was the perfect color duo for the end of summer--so much fun to work with.

wienerhoneymooners said...

DEFINITELY inspired me to join along! LOVE the design and BEAUTIFUL blending colors! Now I seriously want to make a bookmark!!!! Thanks for the awesome inspiration Tracey!

cm said...

Tracey, I'm completely smitten with your leafy card and tag ensemble here. They're soooo incredibly pretty, especially in yellow and orange. From my viewpoint, your blending/spraying are awesome!
hugs~c

JulieP said...

First off...yay! for tags! LOL!!! These are just lovely Tracey. I was a bit skeptical of your color choice at first but I'm loving all of the cards.