December 1, 2021

Color Hues #31

It's time for a new color another challenge at the Color Hues! I hope you join us for Color Hues #31! 

I created my own coloured cardstock by ink blending Distress Oxide inks on to a panel of Bristol Smooth. I used Abandoned Coral, Candied Apple and Festive Berries for the red panel which I stamped and embossed using I used with Pretty Pink Posh Poinsettias stamp set. Then I made a second green panel using Mowed Lawn, Pine Needles and Lucky Clover. I spritzed both panels with water and splattered some watered down white acrylic paint.

I glued the flowers and leaves to a white panel using tape runner and foam tape. A sentiment was added from Pretty Pink Posh Christmas Friends and I finished off my card by adding some gold sparkle jewels.


 

I can't wait to see what you make for this challenge!


10 comments :

!neke said...

A real beauty !!!
groeten Ineke

Julie B said...

Your tip about creating your own DP is a good one, my stash is not going to get any smaller though! A super festive make, the radio is pumping out the festive hits as I type so it's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas!:)

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful Poinsettia's

I Card Everyone said...

I'm so impressed, Tracey! Who has time to make their own colored cardstock?? YOU!! and you've done so beautifully, and truly made these Poinsettias your own, as well.
Beautiful! and so nice to be on a team with you again, my friend, even if it's only for a month! xx
=]

Nancy said...

Tracey, Great job mixing your inks to get the tone of colors you wanted for your poinsettias! This came out so very well, and your gold jewels finished it off nicely!

Lindsey said...

Your custom colouring for the poinsettias is gorgeous! Beautiful spray of florals. And the perfect smattering of bling!

Lisa Elton said...

Those poinsettias fill your card front beautifully! This is a wonderful card, Tracey!

Kristie Goulet said...

Such gorgeous poinsettia's, Tracey! I love the gold embossing too! Have a great week!

Karen said...

The number of beautiful poinsettia stamps out there is amazing, and this one is gorgeous! I love that you created your own colored paper. That's really a labor of love at this time of year! A beautiful design, too.

Cindy Beach said...

Tracey, I love your inked poinsettias, the colors and textures add a unique touch to this beautiful card. Loving the gold accents too, this is stunning!