November 16, 2021

Color Hues #30

It's time for a new color another challenge at the Color Hues! I hope you join us for Color Hues #30! 


I have been waiting for just the right opportunity to use the Concrod & 9th Full of Joy Tri Fold dies and this colour duo is perfect. I cut the large die with a matt gold cardstock. Then I cut the bottom of the die off so that I could centre mount it on my card and not use it as a flip up. I cut the smaller detail letters with silver sparkle cardstock and glued them on--it look's so amazing! I wish you could see it, gold and silver are so hard to photograph! 

My background was made from the Concord & 9th Pinstripe Background stamp set. I added the Joy piece to the card with foam tape. The sentiment `To the World`is from the Full of Joy stamp set white embossed on black. I added the finished sentiment with a combination of liquid glue and foam tape so it would be flush with the large joy!

Can`t wait to see what you make for the challenge!

12 comments :

HilaryJane said...

I love the simplicity of this one. The gold and silver says it all and the diagonal striped background adds a certain elegance. Great design xx

Karen said...

It was the perfect time, and boy, does it make a statement! Love it!

Cat Craig said...

Tracey, a lovely card combining both silver and gold. Love the stripes.

Kristie Goulet said...

I really love this card, Tracey! I agree, gold and silver are hard to photograph! Have a great week!

Lisa Elton said...

The pinstripe background set this snazzy die cut off beautifully! This is a marvelous card, Tracey!

Lindsey said...

That is one big and beautiful JOY sentiment - I love it! The striped background is all that was needed, it's perfect!

JulieP said...

This is awesome, especially with the b/w striped background!

Julie B said...

These colours look fab in the large sentiment, certainly packs a punch. :)

Dandi93 said...

Absolutely gorgeous Tracey, Love the background as well

cm said...

LOVE your big JOY card, Tracey! I think I need to check out this tri-fold die; it sure makes an impact!
hugs~c

Nancy said...

Your card looks incredible! I love the boldness and the striped background! This would make a fabulous box set or mass-produced card! Sorry I am so late popping by! Things have been really busy and I think of you often! I will check in soon!

Greta said...

I love using the word JOY in my creations & this one is fabulous! Totally love your card, Tracey!