May 11, 2017

Summer Scoops Birthday

I am excited today to have a post up  on the SugarPea Designs blog today to share a card design with you for all those summer birthdays that are coming up. I know I have lots of them and I made a few of this design to have on hand. 

tracey_BirthdayPops

IMG_2365

I started out by stamping and white embossing the Striped Background on to a piece of blue cardstock. Next I stamped a few popsicles from Summer Scoops on to a white Zig Zag Stitched Circle in blue, pink and green using a slightly darker shade of each for the detail shading. The circle was adhered to the blue striped panel with foam tape for dimension. The sentiment from Breakfast in Bed was stamped with Versafine Onyx Black on a flag from the Stitched Flags SugarCuts die. I was also adhered with foam tape. The final touch were a few clear, silver Stickles filled sequins.

Head over to the SugarPea Designs blog to have a closer look at the products I used for today's card.

13 comments :

BeverlyBL said...

Cute idea. I never thought to emboss white stripes on colored card stock.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Soooooooooo fun! I loveeeeeeeeeeee this!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Cat Craig said...

I love the impact of those bold stripes and their glossy raised goodness. SUperfun summer birthday card Tracey.

Mary-Anne V said...

Cute birthday card...love the white embossed lines.

Kay Miller said...

Oh that is cute as can be Tracey and those colors are just delicious!!

Anita in France said...

Scrumptious, Tracey ... those ice cream bars are so fresh and fun ... fabulous with the embossed background stripes! Hugs, Anita :)

Happy Dance said...

What a fun summery birthday card, Tracey!! I love the stripes, and that you've embossed those stripes has me all gaga! How cool is that???!!!! Such delicious looking popsicles, too. This is a perfect birthday card. LOVE it!! Bev

Lisa Lara said...

Beautiful Tracey, love the colors.

Jen Mitchell said...

Now that's a fun summer time birthday card! I love the colors and the popsicle theme!

Barb Ghig said...

I stopped by to copy your URL for the Muse Challenge and spotted this BEAUTY! Your embossed background is so vibrant and fun and works perfectly with your fabulous popsicles! I also love the stitching on the circle die cut and the lovely font on your sentiment! Great idea to add silver Stickles to the sequins, too! Really cute card, Tracey :)

Lisa Elton said...

Cute card Tracey, I like the glossy stripes!

Lynn said...

So much summer fun bursting from this card. Love it Tracey!

Lindsey said...

Definitely a fun summery card! I like the dimension the white-embossed stripes add rather than using a striped paper.