November 26, 2016

Inspired By All the Little Things #34

IMG_1056

Today I have a card to share with you that I created for this week's Inspired by All the Little Things.  I am the hostess this week and I thought this would be the perfect kick off to the holidays.


I started off by cutting a frame die using kraft paper, then cut it again in black. I embossed the sentiment in white on the black inside panel then distressed it with white ink. I put strips of Score Tape on the back of the black panel before inlaying it into the frame because it warped slightly when I embossed it.  I stamped my red ornaments to hang over the frame like in the inspiration photo. I drew a line for the string with a white pencil crayon. It still looked like it needed a bit more so I added the snowflakes, held me breath and embossed them on the completed card.

tracey_IB#34

detail:

tracey_detail

Head over to the Inspired By All the Little Things blog to see who I invited this week to be my guest! I hope to see you come and play along.

20 comments :

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! LOVING the hearts and the snowflakes!!!!!!!

~amy~ said...

perfect! I can't wait to play along!

Cat Craig said...

Tracey, what a fabulous blackboard type card. The pops of red with the heart ornaments is wonderful. Such a fantastic take on the inspiration.

Scrapthat said...

Great spin on your inspirational decor piece Tracey! TFS

Bunny Dobbie said...

Great job! Such a similar look. You really rocked that one!

Karen B. said...

Wonderful take on the inspiration, love the pops of red with the ornaments.

Joyce said...

I love the look of your framed chalkboard, especially your heart ornaments and little smudges, which look like bokeh to me. Thanks so much for having me as your guest this week.

KimCreate said...

Super pretty card. Love your hanging ornaments.

Renee said...

Love it! :)

Isabel Z said...

What a beautiful card. Being a teacher, blackboards speak to me. Of course these days they use white boards; I'm dating myself.

Bobby said...

Absolutely perfect for the challenge, Tracey.

Wanda Cullen said...

You rocked the chalkboard look in this beautiful CAS design! Great inspiration photo!

Kim Heggins said...

Beautiful chalkboard look you created...just love it. Complete with those sweet ornaments hanging from the top, just magical.

Lisa Elton said...

Love your take on the photo Tracey! Right down to the little chalk smudges!!

Jen W. said...

A perfect take on that gorgeous inspiration. Love the pops of red!

Sharron said...

Fabulous, Tracey! Love the kraft frame with the chalkboard and those adorable hanging ornaments!

Anita in France said...

Bold and dramatic, Tracey ... and so fun with the little heart ornaments and sweet snowflakes! Hugs, Anita :)

Birgit said...

This is so sweet Tracey! I love the red heart baubles. So cute!! Honestly, I don't know how you keep up with all you do. You're a Wonder Woman!

ElizStewart said...

Great card!

Lindsey said...

Love this! Oh, I've just got to play along with this challenge some time. The inspiration photos and the cards you make are always amazing.