October 24, 2016

Christmas Critters

IMG_0842


I don't know about you but I always have the best intentions in January to get going on my Christmas cards. I usually start off good and then as soon as the nice weather kicks in I start falling off the band wagon.

When I was away in Kansas last week I managed to make a set of 8 Christmas cards done using the new Papertrey Ink Christmas Critters stamps and dies. It kind of became the joke because I stamped out 8 sets of the two different mice in the set with their sweaters and scarves, but when I went to die cut them I realized there was a separate stamp for their ears and the way I had stamped them on the card stock their ears were either going off the card stock or through the tail of the other mouse! So back to the beginning and I started over again! 

I used Altenew inks for my cards--Morning Frost, Ruby Red and Arctic. I always stamp before I die cut so I stamped the bodies and their clothes first, then I die cut them before I stamped their ears. I did that because the chance of my stamping their ears in the right place to line up with the die were near impossible.

tracey_christmasmice


24 comments :

Anita in France said...

Adorable, Tracey ... and so sweet ... these little mice were so worth all that extra time and effort! Sounds as though it was fun ... in the end!! Hugs, Anita :)

I Card Everyone said...

I am obviously still well behind ... this is my first glimpse of a most darling set, Tracey!!! OH my goodness, your card is just perfection ... colors, placement, and design!
=]

Maria said...

Your Christmas card with the adorable mice are so cute!! Normally i don't like mice esp. living in the country...lol! But, I will say your card will certainly bring a smile on the recipient's face!!:-)

richardbreaks said...

Adorable!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sooooooooo cute! LOVING those mice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Susi said...

I had a bit of a laugh reading your post today, Tracey. I too picked up this adorable set and I agree, it's A LOT of work putting these little mice together, but when you do, they're Oh So Cute! I find diecutting before stamping easier to place my images, but we all have our preferences, right? My Misti also keeps me sane on projects like these :-)
I too, will be starting my Christmas card stash in January ... ummm, I mean ... maybe as early as January ;-)

stampwithsandy said...

Adorable! Love those little mice and the sentiment!

Diane Jaquay said...

Those mice are so adorable, LOVE this card!

~amy~ said...

So adorable!!

Colleen said...

These are such cute little critters Tracey! I love your sweet and simple layout! Have a great week!

TK said...

such sweet little mice all dressed up in their Sunday best accessories! love the background of the set too

Bobby said...

Darling little mice, Tracey, and so perfect with the sentiment.

Lisa Petrella said...

You know how much I love those adorable little critters in their sweaters and scarves!!! Hugs!

Linda said...

Such a sweet card. Adorable little mice.

Lindsey said...

I don't think this may be the best advertisement for the stamp set (I would be way too likely to do exactly what you did!) but I'm glad you persevered! This is so cute!

Kim Heggins said...

Just fabulous Tracey...so in love with your sweet pair of mice, simply adorable...no matter how many times you had to make them.

Lisa Elton said...

This is adorable Tracey!! I held my finger over their ears and they look like a little mole or possum, still cute!

Marybeth said...

I love this card so much Tracey! I have to tell you I made a mistake like that when I first stamped these guys too.

Jeanne H said...

My daughter loves mice, and your card is wonderful...so I gotta get this set!

Lisa Lara said...

Those mice are the cutest Tracey. I just love them. Love how you used them on this fun card.

Sharron said...

Sounds like a bit of a challenge but the finished product makes it all worthwhile. Your mice are adorable!

Joyce said...

These are simply adorable. I'm glad I have this set. I pretend they are my pet rats(!) I had a hard time stamping and lining them up as well. Glad I am not alone.

cm said...

Oh my stars! How adorable are your little mice (can't believe I said that because I'm scared of real mice!), with their fancy, cozy sweaters and scarf! I hear you about the 'alignment' issues; had a few of my own, of late *grin*
Hugs~c

Nora Noll said...

This is so sweet!! I LOVE the adorable little mice. However, if I saw them for real, I would be screaming and jumping on a piece of furniture!!