November 15, 2014

RetroSketches #141

tracey_RS141-detail


Hope that your Saturday is going well so far. Time for a new sketch at RetroSketches!
I am very excited to finally be able to tell you that I am joining the team.
I will be a part-timer for a while


This week Arielle made a sketch from one of my cards found HERE, actually it probably still is one of my favourite cards.



For my remake card I used a new to me embossing tip (thank you Michele Ferguson). I inked all the images first in VersaMark, then in pigment ink and then I clear embossed the entire panel at once.  I used Delicata Golden Glitz, Delicata Silver Shimmer and VersaFine Onyx Black pigment inks. It looks amazing IRL but it is a bit camera shy, you can see it a bit better in my detail shot below. I drew the strings in after with a fine tip marker and added a couple sequins.


tracey_RS141


tracey_RS141-detaillrg


I am submitting this to Virginia's Lu's Challenge #9 for All Things Metallic.



...and the Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking November Gallery Challenge

I am looking forward to seeing what you do with the sketch this week!

30 comments :

Tenia Nelson said...

So so pretty!!

conil said...

Alright, you got me drooling. This is AMAZEBALLS.

sandie said...

I adore this sketch and your CAS take is just perfect-love that ink!! And a huge congrats on your new GD!

Virginia L. said...

This is absolutely AWESOME! I love the use of this stamp! The clean and simple take on the challenge totally rocks, Tracey!So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “All About Metallic” Challenge!

Barb Ghig said...

Such an elegant card, Tracey! I love that you used gold and silver, and your embossing technique is amazing!

Amy Sheffer said...

Beautiful! Love the original inspiration for the sketch design and your new version, too!

Lisa Elton said...

You GO girl!!! I'm so happy for you and KNOW you will rock this DT gig!!! Love your retake on the original, very elegant!

Shelly said...

Yay, Tracey!!! Your card is stunning!

Claire said...

Congrats on the new DT gig Tracey! I love the understated sparkle of this..beautiful

Alanna said...

Beautiful. I love this sketch. Congrats on joining the team.

Bobby said...

This is fabulous, Tracey.

Marisa said...

Brilliant take on the sketch! Great card :)

Jinny Newlin said...

Congratulations, love! This card is so fun! I just love how striking a clean embossed look is! Beautiful!

Wida said...

this is incredibly edgy. I love it

Annette Allen said...

yay for new DT... this card is amazing.. i totally love it

Lesley said...

This is a show stopper, Tracey. I love the ornament shapes and the way you embossed them!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congrats, Tracey! You'll rock on the design team at Retro Sketches. And your gem card looks gorgeous! May

TracyM #6773 said...

CONGRATULATIONS on joining the RetroSketches Team!!!
THANK YOU for sharing your BEAUTIFUL card too :)

I Card Everyone said...

Swoon! So happy to see you're liking my little trick! Gorgeous card, and congratulations!!!

~amy~ said...

Oh, I adore this Tracey!
Congrats on Retrosketches!!!!

Deepti said...

Yay ! Congrats on the new design gig, ur card is a stunner, I am in awe !!!

Anita in France said...

Congratulations, Tracey ... how fabulous! Beautiful card, love the openess of the ornaments ... the subtle embossed texture is gorgeous! Anita :)

Marybeth said...

Congratulations!
I love the retro design of this beautiful gold and silver card!

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Tracey. Love the gold and silver diamonds... that is a great sketch.

Lea Lawson said...

This is so pretty!! LOVE those stamped ornaments!!

cm said...

I'm sure you felt the tremors and heard the distant echoes of my wild cheering at news that you're on the RS DT for 'keeps'! Marvelous news! And your card: only perfect! Another amazing Tracey-inspiration...
~c

Lindsey said...

This is incredible!!! Camera shy...heee...still chuckling about that. :)

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Great card Tracey and thanks for the embossing tip! Congrats on joining the Retrosketches team.

Darnell said...

You continue to amaze me, Tracey!! Congratulations on the team and on the HM honors from Virgina!! Hugs, Darnell

Chark said...

this is lovely and so perfect!