October 1, 2013

CCC #64



Time for a new CASology Cue Card !
This week we have another fitting challenge:




When I think of this time of the year I think of a warm colour palette. So I used some Stampin' Up More Mustard cardstock, Paperterey Vintage Cream carstock and Stampin`Up Soft Suede ink for that warm feel. I offset the image and the sentiment, overlapping slightly to give interest to my card rather than just stacking one on top of the other.  Smaller frames and larger borders are another way to draw the eye to your focal point as well as anchor your image.  Both my image and sentiment are older Hero Arts woodblock stamps. The sentiment was crooked on the block right from the day I got it. I gave it a quick 10 second zap in the microwave, then VERY carefully using tweezers I removed the rubber stamp from the block, straightened it out and then using an oven mitt I pressed down. Being very careful not burn myself because both the stamp and the block were very HOT! Once it cooled down it stayed in place.




Head on over to CASology today to learn what the 'cue card' means to you, how you can play along and see the all the cards created by the Design Team to inspire you.


Guest Designer: Gay

I can't wait to see what HARVEST means to you!

Cardstock:  Vintage Cream (Papertrey Ink) More Mustard (Stampin`Up)
Stamps: Leaf Flourish, Autumn (Hero Arts)
Ink: Soft Suede, More Mustand (Stampin' Up)
Dies: Stitched Mats (Lil ' Inkers)

32 comments :

Marybeth said...

Gorgeous! I love these Nero Arts stamps you used ..such a beautiful image and you chose a beautiful fall color...loving this one a lot Tracey!

Meghan said...

Love, love, love this card! The card stock colour is amazing. As always you have knocked this cue card out of the park!

Ardyth said...

Simply beautiful - so elegant!

Colleen said...

Stunning in its simplicity Tracey! thanks for the tip...I have one or two that could go in the oven!

Lisa Elton said...

This is autumn perfection Tracey, love the colors!!

wienerhoneymooners said...

The colors are so rich!! Lovely and the mat perfectly stiched is such a compliment!

Jeanne J. said...

So clean looking Tracey, but so elegant and not missing a single thing!

Joyce said...

This is so pretty. So warm and earthy, and now that I know you can cook your stamps, I am never going to ask you what is for dinner.

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous card, Tracey! I love the gold flourish and beautiful autumn sentiment! Love your stitched panel, too...it adds so much charm to your card!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card!!

Gillian R said...

This is so gorgeous. I love your embossed stitching.

Annette Allen said...

gorgeous..love that sentiment..

Alanna said...

This is so pretty. The perfect autumn card.

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous, Tracey....so simple and yet so very pretty!

Kara said...

beautiful flourish!

Anonymous said...

So elegant and such warm colours, Tracey ... simply lovely! Anita :)

Lynn said...

Clean and crisp and perfect. How clever on how you fixed the sentiment!

Rosemary said...

lovely harvest card, tracey!

Deepti said...

This is so elegant and I really like all the surgery you did before using the stamps :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So beautiful!!!!!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love this

Melissa said...

More Mustard and Soft Suede...what a great color combo!!! This card is so warm looking and I love the simplicity of it!

Renee said...

What else can I say but simply perfect!
Love it! :)

Greta said...

I can't tell you how much I love this card, Tracey! You've truly inspired me!

carol (krillsister) said...

Stunning card! So simple, but absolutely gorgeous.

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh, so pretty! I'm just loving More Mustard this time of year, and that flourish is so striking! Great tip on resetting a stamp, too ;).

Kim Heggins said...

This is an amazing harvest card Tracey, love your image and your sentiment is so perfect.

Sharron said...

This is such a perfect fall card--wonderful image and great colors!

Judy1223 said...

Tracey, I smiled when I saw that you used the Stitched Rectangles die on your card...you know you are the reason I bought them! I ADORE your cards...this one is no exception, so rich and CAS! You are the "Queen of the Stitched Rectangle Die" in my mind!

Jean said...

Love this stamp and card ~ this is CAS perfection!

Joan B said...

this is beautiful. love those details

Unknown said...

absolutely stunning in it's perfect simplicity