October 5, 2013

CAS(E) this Sketch #48 and MFW Metal, Wood and Cork

cover


This week's sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch is fantastic!

I decided to use the sketch to create a card for the Moxie Fab World Homemade Cards Challenge Metal,Wood & Cork. I have had these little wooden houses for quite a while now and have never used them. Perfect for a new home card. Using a new technique from the magazine I pressed the houses into ink pads to transfer the colours.  What I learned? One of the houses had a dark line on it after I coloured it, so I flipped it over and did the other side.  After I was not able to adhere the house using scor tape like the others, it would not stick.  Maybe if I had let it dry all night, but I am not that patient!  So a little Tombow Mono Multi did the trick.


tracey_CAS(E)48_MFW







Cardstock:  Kraft (Papertrey Ink)
Stamps: Homemade (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Canyon Clay, Hawaiian Shores, Simply Chartreuse (Papertrey Ink) VersaFine Onyx Black (Tsukineko)

27 comments :

wienerhoneymooners said...

Super cute Tracey, love the little houses and how you have colored them.

Anonymous said...

These little houses are so sweet, Tracey ... the colours against the kraft are so wonderfully autumnal! Anita :)

Gayatri said...

Great take on the sketch, Tracey! Love the coloured houses:)

Mary Pat Siehl said...

oh my gosh that is the cutest ever!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love love this!! LOVING how you added color to the houses!!!!!!

Lynn said...

Adorable. I love those little wooden houses!

Lisa Elton said...

So cute Tracey! I like the center one with the picket fence! Have a great weekend ;)

Sheri Gilson said...

Super cute, Tracey! Love how you colored the houses! Thanks for the inspiration to use my stash in a new way!

Joyce said...

This is an absolutely fabulous take on the sketch. I love those little houses all colored in.

Anonymous said...

Aww, those wooden hoses are so adorable...love your take on this sketch. I've nominated you for a Liebster Award, and always look forward to seeing what you come up with next ;-)

Joni Andaya said...

This is so Fabulous Tracey! Love those little houses!

Janet's Joy said...

Such cute little houses!!

Kim Heggins said...

Amazing card Tracey...I love just love your trio of homes. You are so stinkin' clever too. What a fabulous card.

Annette Allen said...

oh my how CUTE.. LOVE those houses...

Brandi said...

Tracey this card is fantastic! I love the little houses in a row and especially the colors you used. They work so well together. Hope you had a fabulous WCMD yesterday!

~amy~ said...

awesome use of those sweet houses!

Maria said...

What a sweet card with those adorable little wooden houses!

Virginia L. said...

You did a great job with the wood chips!! Love the design, Tracey!

Marybeth said...

Love the wooden houses all lined up ! Another wonderful design.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, what a wonderful card, Tracey! I adore it!

Unknown said...

perfect take on the challenge! i love the woodgrain...so rich in these colors!

Lindsey said...

Perfect! I love the colored wood.

Jen W. said...

How cool! Those little houses look awesome in those colors! Never thought to try this... Maybe now some of my wooden embellishments will get put to use! Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

Betty said...

Oh what a perfect CAS card. Great job. Thanks for playing along with us in the CAS(E) this sketch! challenge and hope to see you again.

Lyndal said...

Absolutely FABULOUS Tracey - LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!!!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Very cute houses and perfect card for both challenges.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Tracey! Thanks for linking this up to the Metal, Cork, & Wood Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)