August 1, 2013

Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge - Watermelon Wonder and Simon Says Anything Goes

IMG_1911


Hello Curtain Call Peeps!
Can you believe that it is already time for the second Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge?




Our next challenge is perfect timing August!




and our fabulous sponsor for this challenge is




With Curtain Call you are in the drivers seat and you can take your inspiration however it moves you. This time I took a very literal approach to the challenge and created a card using my Papertrey Ink watermelon stamps and dies!  The literal is the watermelon, I created a banner with them inspired by the flower banner in the inspiration photo and pulled the colours from the photo as well.  he sentiment is a celebration of the bountiful fruits of summer. 

tracey_CC2


We really hope that you come and join us again this week at the Curtain Call.  We had an amazing 114 entries last week and they were all such fabulous projects!

Curtain Call Crew



August is the one month of the year that there is never enough fruit is the house for my family, especially watermelon.  What is your favourite fruit of summertime?  

I am also submitting this card to the Simon Says Anything Goes challenge.




Cardstock:  White, New Leaf (Papertrey Ink)
Stamps: Fruit Fusion: Watermelon (Papertrey Ink) Happy Summer (Lawn Fawn)
Ink: Melon Berry, True Black, Aqua Mist (Papertrey Ink)
Dies: Fruit Fusion: Watermelon (Papertrey Ink)
other: tangerine sequins (Neat & Tangled)

25 comments :

Kara said...

love those cute little ants!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

ok those are the cutest little ants!!!

Kim S said...

I think those little guys REALLY want that watermelon!!

Unknown said...

So summery. The banner is different and I'm loving it.

Marisa said...

So creative!! Love the watermelon banner and the ants below :)

Happy Dance said...

What's a picnic without ants?! This is such a fun and happy card. Love these colors and the little enamel dots. Great card! Bev

Cathy Weber said...

The little ant doing a handstand is so cute! I love your little watermelon banner Tracey...this will be a fun challenge theme!

Deepti said...

This is so cute, Love the ants and the sequins :)

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a SWEET card Tracey. Love those melon slices and the cute ants... perfect card for the watermelon challenge.

Maria said...

Oh my goodness! That watermelon banner is so cute and creative! And, love those little ants along the bottom! What a darling summer card...love it!

Stacey Schafer said...

a classic summer card, Tracey! love those adorable ants marching their way across the display of melon!

LeAnne said...

Cracks me up....love it all!

Lindsey said...

I can't get over that upside down ant. I'm still chuckling...I love it.

Lisa Elton said...

This is THE cutest summer card Tracey, love those sweet watermelon slices!!

Joni Andaya said...

Love the ants....genius!!!

Darnell said...

Winning!!!

Kim Heggins said...

Tracey...just too sweet! I love those ants and I think I can hear what they are saying too, bring more watermelon!

Gayatri said...

Thoses ants are so cute! I love them. Great interpretation of the challenge, Tracey! Love!

Unknown said...

This is so sweet and such perfect inspiration for this challenge! I love this!

Kelly Griglione said...

Oh WOW, those watermelons make THE perfect banner garland! Such a great idea, Tracey : )

Jingle said...

This is super cute! I love the little banner! Thanks for playing along in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Leigh Penner said...

This is fabulous, Tracey!
I worked on my card for the challenge this afternoon.

Bonnie said...

Love these sweet watermelons! And the ants at the bottom are cute, cute, cute!

Christina said...

So so cute, Tracey!

Michelle said...

Holy cow....sooooo cute!