August 22, 2013

Birthday Ensemble



As a crafter you know that there is something special about things that are handcrafted.  You also know that there is a fine line between supplies on hand and hoarding!  My daughter needed a little gift to give to her boyfriend's grandmother for her birthday.  It was a great opportunity to use (yes I said use!) some of my 6 x 6 patterned paper that I have definitely been hoarding to make a gift!

Lawn Fawn's Pink lemonade was the paper that was chosen to create a notepad and pillow box to hold a hand sanitizer.  








If you recognize the card sitting on top it is from this post HERE. It was nice to finally have an opportunity to use this card. Curious, what do you do with all of the cards that you create?

Cardstock:  White (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Pink Lemonade (Lawn Fawn)
Stamps: Make Lemonade (Lawn Fawn) Birthday Basics, Just the Ticket, Think Big Favorites#19, Fillable Frames #11 (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black. VersaFine Onyx Black (Tsukineko)
Dies: Stitched Mats , Sentiment Flag (Lil`Inkers) Fillable Frames #11 (Papertrey Ink) Scalloped Trimmed Trio (Verve)

other:  foam tape, assorted Copics, notepad

21 comments :

Janet's Joy said...

A very sweet little gift!!

Lynn said...

Good morning Tracey. This set is adorable. I love the fresh, summer papers! I send a lot of cards and give a lot of card sets as hostess gifts!

Jill Norwood said...

A lovely gift ensemble! Love the cheerful colors!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

just adorable!

Lisa Elton said...

What a sweet little gift you put together Tracey! those are papers worthy of hoarding LOL!!

We host Thanksgiving every year. At some point in the evening I bring out my extra cards from the year. I give each of the ladies in attendance a bag to take cards of their choosing home!

~amy~ said...

What lovely projects...love the fresh and fun colors!

I need to package up my cards and sell them...they are taking over my house!

Michelle said...

Love the pattern papers....they give such a happy and friendly feel! Perfect for any grandmother!

Ardyth said...

Hey! I recognize that! I'm one of the lucky recipients of this beautiful and practical gift! Thanks so much, Tracey!

Laurie said...

A-dorable! Love those stitched mats and banners!

Laurie said...

A-dorable! Love those stitched mats and banners!

Cathy Weber said...

This is adorable...I am sure your daughter will get rave comments about it...love the little strip of patterned paper on the inside.

Alanna said...

What a fun birthday ensemble. Love the card, notepad and pillow box. And what adorable papers. Good for you for putting them to good use.

Kim Heggins said...

This is just too cute...I love all your wonderful goodies and I am sure Brooklyn's gift will be loved! What a mom you are!

Kara said...

Beautiful gift set!! I'm sure she'll love it and you are making room for new papers by using them! I do send a lot of my cards to friends and family, but obviously I make way more than I can use. I give a lot to my mom and she recently started bringing them to her work where her co-workers purchased many of my cards!

Jingle said...

This is such a super cute set!

Marybeth said...

What a great gift set! Good idea for the hand sanitizer I like that! The card is beautiful with the set.
I just used a card I made a while ago for a post that I never remembered to post. Nice when we get to use them.

Happy Dance said...

Wonderful set! Sometimes it's just fun to use part of our hoard for those special little gifts and cards. You've done a marvelous job with all these goodies. She will love them I'm sure. Fun colors, bright and happy - very sweet. Bev

Annette Allen said...

these are so fun... great ideas..

Joyce said...

What a fantastic gift. Very sweet. You are smart to know that the more you use your patterned paper, the more you can buy. I think it is like buy one new pad for every sheet you use.

Bonnie said...

I love this notepad! What a lovely and practical gift! I send a lot of cards and the Newcomers Club that I belong to sends cards to members who are in need of a boost. I also give them a lot for door prizes and silent auctions which raise money for our charity. This reminds me that I need to get a box ready to send to Operation Write Home which is a wonderful organization that can always use cards. And still I have several boxes of cards. My daughters usually collect a few when they visit.

Jeanne J. said...

I love the lemonade and the smiley lemons! What a cute image - you framed it beautifully on the colorful patches of different papers and the strawberry note pad would make a fab gift!