July 11, 2013

CASE Study #149



Happy Thursday and time for another CASE Study challenge.  I am back for my second week as Guest Designer at the CASE Study blog where this month's Muse is Jocelyn Olson.  Jocelyn has another fabulous hybrid card for us this week that is tall and narrow and features a digital frame and photo.  See her inspiration card below.




I was inspired to make a tall narrow card as well but with s stamped image instead of a photo, I also followed her design having the focal image at the top and the sentiment at the bottom. I created a partial frame using one of the rod images from my stamp set. I also used pink, for me any reason to use pink is a good reason.





I would love to see how Jocelyn's card inspires you. Join us over at the CASE Study Challenge Blog and play along with us too.  Have a wonderful day!


Cardstock:  White, Hibiscus Burst (Papertrey Ink)
Stamps: Petals & Stems (Avery Elle)
Ink: Bubblegum (Hero Arts) Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko) Simply Chartreuse (Papertrey Ink)

16 comments :

Anonymous said...

Simply Beautiful!!!

Joyce said...

This is such a fabulous card. Tall and skinny suits you perfectly well. I agree with you on pink, although I have a daughter who would strongly disagree. You have given me some great inspiration to think about this week.

Janet's Joy said...

So pretty! It's great to have a tall card to mix things up a bit!

Lynn said...

So classy Tracey. I love the tall length of the card and the subtle scrolls.

Kara said...

like the unique size:)

Barb said...

Gorgeous, Tracey! Love that pretty, pink flower and the wonderful, tall shape!

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous!!

sandie said...

Love your tall thin card and the placement of the stamps and sentiment. May have to give this one a go! Great vibrant pink x

Stephanie said...

What a lovely card Tracey, so very pretty :)

Sharron said...

Love your tall card--so stylish & pretty!

Lisa Elton said...

The thin scrolls look so pretty framing your flower, pretty card Tracey!!

Marybeth said...

Oh this is so pretty! Love the lines/scrolls above and below the blooms...beautiful!

Renee said...

Simply perfect!
I love your take on this challenge! :)

Jen W. said...

Oooh! I love your stamped version of this! Those curled lines are so cute!

Silke Ledlow said...

Awesome card Tracey...love the long card !!!

Michelle said...

So simple and lovely! Would definitely cheer me up!