October 26, 2012

RS #34


This week's RetroSketch is based on a sketch of THIS card from Laurie Wilson.  Laurie has an amazing talent to create the most fantastic CAS cards.  



I think I am starting to shift gears from Halloween to Christmas.  I pulled out my Shape Up Series Snowman die and stamps to create this card that I am not sure I will ever be able to part with.  I created the snowman with Doodlebug Winter Wonderland glittery paper and some Hibiscus Burst and Raspberry Fizz felt from Papertrey. The snowman is popped up and so is the panel she is mounted on.  To create frayed end on her scarf I snipped the ends with sharp scissors.



All Supplies are from Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted:

Cardstock: White, Kraft (PTI), Limeade Daisey (Doodlebug)
Patterned Paper:  Winter Wonderland, Pepermint Twist (Doodlebug)
Stamps: Shape Up Series Snowman (PTI), Sweet Home (Neat & Tangled)
Ink:  True Black
Dies: Shape Up Series Snowman (PTI), Sentiment Flag (Lil' Inkers)
Felt: Hibiscus Burst, Raspberry Fizz
Other:   foam dots

24 comments :

Virginia L. said...

YUMMY textures (that felt!!) and colors! I also love the use of pattern paper for the snowman... What's not to love in this card!? Beautiful job you did, Tracey!

Patrice said...

LOVE that pink snowman...I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup again this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/10/52-card-pickup-week-43.html

Jen W. said...

Love the paper you chose for the snowman and all that felt is fabulous!

~amy~ said...

a-dorable...love the feltie touches and I'm always up for PINK winter cards!

Laurie said...

How cute! I love the felt pieces! Fun colors too!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh Tracey this is adorable! I love her little hat and scarf. Cute DPs too!

LeAnne said...

I would not want to part with this either! It should be framed and hung like artwork! CUUUUUTE!

DIANA L. said...

Super cute card I just love the hibiscus burst scarf !

Lynn said...

Your little snowman is adorable!

Kara said...

adorable little snow'woman'!

Karen B. said...

Now this is cuteness to the max. I love how you've used the big snowman as a focal point to your card instead of the card itself. And great texture with the wreath!

Kim S said...

She's wonderful! All the pink and candy cane stripes and delicate patterns - love it!

Jean said...

Love your snowlady ~ surely a winner for this sketch (which I missed again :( ) LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your patterned papers!

Mara Campbell said...

This is such a fun card!! I love all the pinks you used, her hat and scarf are fabulous. One of my favorite cards of yours!!

Pauline said...

What a cute card Tracey!

The Paper Parade said...

Tracey! I love that you cut the snowman out of the patterned paper and then used such fun colors on the card :)

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Great card for the challenge! Love the hat and scarf!!

Marcie Rhys said...

No wonder you will have trouble parting with this card. I LOVE that you made the snowman out of snow paper! This is just too cute, and I will be saving the image to my file of 'inspiration cards'. Thanks for sharing and visiting my blog.

Melisa Waldorf said...

Adorable patterned paper snowman! Have a great week, Melisa

Joyce said...

What a cute and fun card. I love the pattern on the paper you used for the snowgal. And, her scarf is adorable--perfect use for the felt.

Marybeth said...

Sorry catching up! This snowman card is adorable Tracey… I love that die its so much fun like your card. Love the stripes with the print.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic card. ;-) I love your sweet dressed up snowman, and I love the cheerful colors. Very nice. ;-)

Jill Norwood said...

Tracey this is adorable!!!! I love the felt details especially the scarf and the
wonderful papers you used! I would not want to part with this adorable snow girl
either! :)

carol (krillsister) said...

Tracey,
I absolutely love this snowman. The paper is such a perky snowman body. Would hate to see him melt. The hat and gloves are a good contrasting color. Love the mini snowflake on the gloves too!