October 10, 2012

DD#23



This weeks Dynamic Duos colours are Tangerine Tangelo & Old Olive.  I immediately thought of pumpkins and created my pumpkin thank you card.  I thought it would be a nice card to send to my sister-in-law who hosted our Thanksgiving dinner last weekend.  I chose Papertrey Simply Chartreuse & Orange Zest for my colours and had a chance to use some of the Orange Zest gingham patterned paper plus some Copic colouring.  I also used the Linen & Canvas Impression Plate on the white panel, it does not photograph well.  I think too much light.




All Supplies are from Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted:

Cardstock:  Simply Chartreuse
Patterned paper: Orange Zest Patterned Paper Pack
Stamps: Friendship Jars Fall Fillers, Think Big Favourites #19
Ink:  Simply Chartreuse (PTI), Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Tools: Linen & Canvas Impression Plate
other: Copic markers (YR12, YR15, YR18 YG23, YG24, YG95)

19 comments :

Lynn said...

Gorgeous Tracey...love how the embossing mirrors the patterned paper!

Joyce said...

This is really cute. I like how you colored those pumpkins. The gingham paper looks good with that canvas/linen IP. Kind of echos the pattern.

Marybeth said...

Love it! Oh I remember how much I love those little pumpkins. Happy to see them again. Beautiful CAS card. Bet your sister in law loves it!

Renee said...

Oh...this is fabulous!!
Love the gingham paper...
those adorable little pumpkins...
and that embossed sentiment!
Simply perfect! :)

Virginia L. said...

So perfect! Your craftsmanship is superb, Tracey! Love this!

Anonymous said...

This card is perfect, Tracey. ;-) I can see the impression just fine, and I think it adds so much to the card. Love the pumpkins and that lovely sentiment. I passed on that one, and also the orange pattern pack. If anyone could make me think twice about them, though, I know it would be you! Beautiful card. ;-)

AB. said...

Beautiful clean & simple card - love your colouring on the cute little pumpkins! :)Thanks for playing with us at Dynamic Duos this week and for your lovely comments on my blog. xx

Unknown said...

Perfect thank you card for your sister-in-law. I'm sure she'll love it.

Mara Campbell said...

What a stunning color combo!! I love the embossing and your pumpkins are perfect!

Linda Beeson said...

So sweet, so simple.

Lisa Elton said...

This is just adorable Tracey! Love the cheerful orange gingham paired with those pumpkins and I can see the linen impression just fine! Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos!

Aimee Cretsinger said...

Simply beautiful Tracey! I love the embossing and the pumpkins are so cute! Thanks for playing along at Dynamic Duos!

Allisa said...

Great CAS card. Love the texture of your embossing plate. Thanks for playing with us at Dynamic Duos!

The Paper Parade said...

Your sister-in-law is going to love it! The colors go so well together, and I love the light embossing on the white. It looks great!

Jinny Newlin said...

Gosh, I adore those scrumptious pumpkins, Tracey! And your textured panel and bit of gingham are absolutely perfect!

Susan Joyce said...

Sweet CAS design Tracey. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos.

Darnell said...

This is a stand-out, Tracey! I love, love plaid/gingham patterns and it works so great as a frame here for your adorable punkins!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Simply stunning, Tracey! I love the gingham paper. It is the perfect touch with those sweet, little pumpkins. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos! :)

Jean said...

This is another just perfect card ~ the gingham paper and the impression plate add so much to your card.