January 19, 2012

Clean & Simple Card Making - Day 1 (part 2)

Maile Belles was the guest designer on Day 1 of Clean & Simple Card Making, she really is the queen of Clean  & Simple.  She introduced using the negative of a die cut to create a CAS card.  Her card used a word but I used hearts for my card.  I die cut three medium hearts on a strip of Pure Poppy cardstock, tied bakers twine around the die cut and adhered to the card with foam dots.




All Supplies are from Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted:

Cardstock: White, Pure Poppy
Stamps:  Heart Prints, Love Birds
Ink: Pure Poppy
other: bakers Twine, foam dots

Pin It

9 comments :

Mary Pat Siehl said...

this is so cute! love the twine! i didn't try this technique--yours turned out awesome!

Marybeth said...

Gorgeous! Love this CAS card Tracey. Everything you make is so fresh and clean. The twine is perfect !

Lisa said...

EXCELLENT Tracey!!! You are rockin these CAS cards ;)

Cyndie said...

Oh, Tracey, this card is the epitome of CAS! Just the right amount of white space, color and accent twine. Wish I'd thought of it!

Joyce said...

I am IN LOVE with this card. I am going to make one myself. Most clever card ever.

Terri E. said...

Loving this fun take on the sketch!

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Ally said...

Very nice. ;-) I love the red with the white, the die-cut hearts and twine, and those three little hearts on the side. Great card. ;-)

Arlene said...

I must CASE this card! Absolutely gorgeous card...WOW! :)

Sarah said...

Gorgeous! Great job. Very stunning look.