Hi crafty friends! It' time for a new color duo at the at the Color Hues Color Challenge! Challenge #139 has been chosen by my fabulous teammate Marcia Hill and she has selected Yellow and Orange for us to play with! What a great pairing, perfect for summer or fall or as Marcia suggested even Christmas!
This summer has absolutely flown for me. My daughter, my youngest, got married on July 25th! What a whirlwind the last year and a half has been. Planning and prepping for what was in my opinion an absolutely beautiful wedding! We had a fabulous venue, fantastic weather and everything went exactly as it should! My daughter and our Son-in-Law had smiles that stretched from ear to ear all day long!
With the wedding I haven't been doing a lot of crafting but I still managed to shop! When I saw the colours Marcia chose I was excited to break out the June my Monthly Hero Kit to make a sunny card!
Using cardstock in yellow and orange to create my scene using the Hello Sunshine dies and the Pool Party dies.
With the Pool Party dies I made the other elements to create the scene of the lady sunbathing with her yellow bathing suit, beach umbrella, hat, towel and flip flops all made with a combination of yellows and oranges. I added a piece of foam tape behind the beach umbrella for a bit of dimension. The lady was cut from kraft which is one of our neutral colours.





13 comments :
Tracey, I'm so happy for your family's new addition! Thanks for sharing a few photos on IG!
I just love how you've played with Marcia's colors! My mind went toward flowers, but you and your fabulous card have convinced me to keep thinking! xx
=]
Such a great card and set and perfect for the challenge colors, Tracey. I know the wedding was picture perfect in more ways than one! HUGS!
I also bought that kit, and you've beat me in using it! My summer was busy, too, but nothing compared to yours! If I don't hurry up, summer's going to be over. I love your CAS design, and your inspiration may be the key to getting a card made. I've also been known to carefully peel apart layers to improve a design. We'd never know if you hadn't shared it. Great card!!!
That bit of orange on the edges frames the scene beautifully! Your bathing beauty has a wonderful tan and looks so relaxed! Love that umbrella and the way you did the sentiment!
An excellent card. Great use of the colors.
So happy everything went well for your girl's big day! I've missed you here, but you have a good excuse! Cute card today, Tracey!
Sunny indeed, your card just radiates summer sunshine. So pleased that your daughter's wedding went smoothly and the weather behaved. A couple of years back our Son's wedding was threatened by heavy overnight rain but in the end the foliage in the gardens sprang back in time for the photos! :)
Congratulations on the wedding, Tracey! You card is definitely full of sunshine.
What an absolutely FUN Summer card Tracey!! I'm loving all the little orange and yellow details on this sweet scene you created...the umbrella and flip flops are awesome!! Thanks for making my color pairing SHINE my friend!! Hugs. :0)
So happy to hear the wedding was fabulous; the photos you've shared are wonderful. Speaking of wonderful: your card. What a great set of images to showcase yellow and orange. A sunny card in every way!
hugs~c
This is like the perfect die set for this challenge Tracey, with our bright summery colors! You were BRAVE indeed to cut those edges off the card front, but the orange mat totally finished it perfectly. Congratulations on your daughter's wedding (I was impressed you had time to make a card for this challenge!). Here's wishing them a lifetime of happiness!
Oh the golden and orange tones of late summer perfectly captured in your card.
Happy to hear that your daughter’s wedding was so wonderful, congratulations to you and all the family! Beautiful photos that you shared! Your card is perfect in the yellow and orange! Such a wonderful summer card, so fun!
Post a Comment