Hello Crafty friends! It's time for another new color duo at the Color Hues Color Challenge! Challenge #137 has been chosen by my talented teammate Julie Peddicord and she has selected Black and Red for us to use!
A great time to put out my Spellbinders Steamboat Willie dies my original plan was to make one character, but once the dies are out to play its way more fun with two! I glued Mickey & Minnie together and then set them aside while I got the card background started.
I matted my 5.5" x 4.25" card base with a heart paper from the Simple Stories Steamboat Willie paper collection. Then I added a 5.25" x 4" white cardstock panel.
Mickey & Minnie were added to the card front with foam dots for dimension.
The 'HI' sentiment was cut once from black and once from red cardstock and then overlapped and glued together. The black provides the red with a shadow.
If you haven't had a chance yet, head over to the Color Hues blog to see what my teammates have done! They have done an amazing job once again. I hope to see you play along with us!
Thanks so much for taking the time to drop in today!





15 comments :
Mickey and Minnie are the perfect characters for this color challenge, Tracey - the big "Hi" sentiment makes it so fun and friendly! I was happy to join you all as Guest DT for this color challenge! Julia xx
Tracey, Mickey and Minnie are the perfect pair for this dynamic color combo!! SOOOO cahUTE!!
=]
Another perfect choice for Red and Black! They create such a fun card. I love your offset letters which just add to the whimsy of the card!
Awwwwwwww...you're melting my heart here Tracey!! Mickey and Minnie are absolutely ADORABLE and the color pairing is just perfect for this card! You nailed it girl!! Hugs. :0)
This is so cute, Tracey, and perfect for the colors.
So cute!
Yes, why go with just Mickey when you can have Minnie too! This is adorable, Tracey!
Die cuts were some3 of my favorites to do and easy as well. This is a fun card.
Hugs and Blessings
Tracey, Mickey and Minnie was such a wonderful choice with these colors. I have no idea why I didn't think of it. It looks really fantastic and certainly made me smile!
You couldn't have used these colors in a more fun way, Tracy! This pair makes me smile!
Your Micky and Minnie themed card is so cute Tracey. I love that you kept the design simple and let them shine against the whate card base. :)
This is an absolutely darling card, Tracey! It's like this color combo was custom made for these characters. Super sweet and fun!
Tracey I love all things Mickey so this card was right up my street - I love it! Thanks for having me as your guest designer for this challenge!
Does it get any cuter than Minnie and Mickey? I adore this card!
Perfect images for this challenge! Your Mickey and Minnie are charming!
hugs~c
Post a Comment