September 16, 2024

Color Hues #95

Hi there crafty friends, it's time for a new color duo at the Color Hues Color Challenge #95! Teammate Cindy picked this fun and uplifting color duo! I seized the opportunity to make some blue and pink mushrooms with my Greetery Toadstool Garden dies.


I die cut and built the mushrooms in various different cardstocks I have in my scrap bin--light pinks/dark pinks, light blues/dark blues. After they were assembled I set them aside for the glue to set.

I was excited to use the new to me Spellbinders Essential Arches dies and once I started working on the mushrooms I knew I needed to use them for this card. Therefore my rectangular mat became an arched mat!


I ink blended the arch die with Tumbled Glass and Mermaid Lagoon Distress Oxide inks keeping it lighter in the centre. I splattered it with white acrylic paint mixed with a bit of water and set it aside to dry. Once dry the Happy Birthday Sentiment from Lawn Fawn Henry's Build-a-Sentiment: Spring was white embossed in the bottom right corner.


This cheery card was so much fun to make!

I'm also going to submit this to the September Seize the Birthday Challenge.


 If you haven't already visited the Color Hues Color Challenge Blog I really hope you by and see what my fabulous teammates have created for the challenge.  

Thanks so much for stopping by and I can't wait to see what you create! 

3 comments :

Cindy Beach said...

How I love this, Tracey! Mushrooms in bright and cheery colors have a whole different vibe, I love it! Our group certainly has come up with a variety of samples, yours inspires me to create a bit out of the box. Your blue inked background is especially gorgeous!

Marcia Hill said...

Your blue & pink mushrooms are totally making me smile big time Tracey! There's just something so whimsical about this card and it just makes me happy...LOVE it!! Beautiful ink blending too! Sweet, sweet card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Nancy said...

Tracey, My mushroom loving heart loves these in shades of Blue and Pink. I love your creativity and your blending is pure perfection too. Wonderful card for anyone to enjoy! Hugs!