June 1, 2024

Color Hues #88

Hi there crafty friends! Today we start a new colour duo at the Color Hues Color Challenge #88! My teammate Karen Walker chose this fun colour palette for the challenge.

I used the Crafters Companion Sumptuous Sunflowers stencil for my card. This set consists of stamps, a coordinating embossing folder and stencils. This is a very well loved set of products, this time I just used the stencil for my yellow and blue sunflower. 


After lots and lots and lots of masking I was able to stencil this beautiful sunflower. I used Catherine Pooler inks in Limoncello, Catching Rays, Something Borrowed and Suede Shoes.



The triple cut thanks sentiment is Lawn Fawn's Scripty Thanks. It was glued together with liquid glue!




Thank so much for stopping in today, I hope you make a trip over to the Colour Hues blog, my teammates have once again made the most fabulous cards. 

I can't wait to see what you do!


14 comments :

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous! Blue and yellow make for lovely flower cards.

!neke said...

Great card !!!!
groeten Ineke

I Card Everyone said...

Tracey, this is just spectacular! You might be making me shop, you naughty girl!! lol
=]

Marcia Hill said...

This is such a CAS and STUNNING card Tracey!! Your yellow and blue are both so bold and bright and just totally stand out on your card...it is definitely eye popping!! You have totally made the challenge colors SHINE my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Karen said...

These sunflowers are glorious! They're just perfect for this challenge, and I never once thought of them. The masking paid off because this is one great design! The Catherine Pooler inks are gorgeous.

Bobby said...

Your sunflowers are delightful, Tracey. Their bright colors and wonderful faces always bring a smile.

Nancy said...

This card certainly brought a smile to my face today! I adore it! The blue centers was so smart!

Lisa Elton said...

This is so bright and happy, Tracey! Cute card!

Julie B said...

Sunflowers are such bold flowers that they can carry off this colour duo perfectly. Certain to bring a smile to the recipient. :)

Cindy Beach said...

WOW, that stencil packs a punch and the bold sunflowers are beautiful! Such a fabulous design, Tracey!

Stef Perry said...

Your card is one big WOW, Tracey! Aside from peonies, sunflowers are some of my top fave flowers and your beautiful, graphic design with them is just so wonderful! Love the accompanying bold sentiment as well. Love this!

Rosemary said...

Love this gorgeous clean and graphic design, Tracey! You have been on quite a journey in papercrafting and I'm glad that I witnessed all of it. Your resilience and courage in the face of the physical challenges you deal with inspires all of us! Thank you for your lovely comment and for having me as a guest designer.

Greta said...

Loved this card on IG and fully intended to enter the challenge. Got one element done and that was as far as I got, which I know you understand. Thanks for stopping by my blog. You're not the only person who has trouble commenting unless they use the computer. Good old technology! But no need to comment on IG and my blog. That's how several friends and I do it.

JulieP said...

I love that these gorgeous florals are the star of your card!!!! Really beautiful Tracey!