July 1, 2023

Color Hues #67

High friends! We have a new color duo over at the the Color Hues Color Challenge for Challenge #67!

I used the MFT Stamps Happy, Happy Birthday stamp set for my cards today.

I cut a 5 1/4" x 4" panel and stamped 'HAPPY" from the stamp set with Catherine Pooler inks--Sangria and Dress Blues.



Once it was done I wasn't feeling it and especially if I used a white border. 

I chose to mat the outlined stamped version with merlot coloured cardstock. I think that really made the colours pop, what do you think?




I cut another 5 1/4" x 4" panel, I know, why didn't I just cut two to start with. Do you ever do things like that??

I stamped the solid 'Happy' in the challenge colours once again with the same Catherine Pooler Inks!

This card with the solid 'HAPPY' stamps I was able to mat with a soft grey coloured cardstock. The words were heavy enough to support the lighter grey. This one would have looked good even with a white mat.



I have a feeling that I'll be suing this stamp set a lot more in the future. It's great for making quick and easy birthday cards in any colours!

I hope you pop over to the Color Hues Color Challenge  to see the amazing creations my teammates have made with these colours.

Thank you so much for stopping into visit today! 
I hope to see you play with us over at the Color Hues!


 

12 comments :

Nancy said...

Tracey, Great job with the colors and a twofer nonetheless. Your photos are superb as well. I love bold graphic cards and that birthday font is really pretty too!

Karen said...

Both variations are wonderful! This is one of those totally versatile designs that you could use over and over again with many color combinations! I'm saving this one, although I'm not sure I have stamps that will work as well as yours do! Love these!

Julie B said...

Your Merlot matted one looks fab as does the grey one. As you say it would have looked good with white too. :)

I Card Everyone said...

Tracey, I have both of those inks! Thanks for both of your beautiful leads!
=]

Cat Craig said...

Great use of the colors, Tracey.

Stef Perry said...

Both cards are fantastic birthday cards for either gender, Tracey, although I think my two adult grandson's would really like the colors and the CAS design! I had to chuckle when you talked about cutting the second panel - guilty here too!

Lisa Elton said...

I like both cards, Tracey! A fun way to say Happy Birthday!

Bobby said...

This is a great masculine card, Tracey, and heaven knows we all need some of those.

Marcia Hill said...

Such a simple stamp set, but you've really made it POP with the challenge colors Tracey!! I think this stamp set would be perfect for all kinds of birthday cards and I just might need to go check it out as I really do struggle with masculine cards!! Thanks so much for making my color choices SHINE my friend! Hugs. :0)

Cindy Beach said...

Both cards are beautifully done, Tracey! You are right, the merlot border does make the colors pop. LOVE this die, it will look great in many colors!

cm said...

Totally smitten with both your cards, Tracey; perfect colours for the challenge and a clean design that suits the sentiments to a "t"! Inspired and inspiring, my sweet friend!
hugs~c

Rosemary said...

Love your bold and graphic cards, Tracey. Thanks so much for the lovely comment!