August 1, 2022

Color Hues Color Challenge #46

 Hi there friends!
It's time for another color duo at the Color Hues Color Challenge #46!

This weeks colour duo was chosen by Design Team Member Lindsey Martin-Penny. Lindsey sadly lost her battle against stage 4 ovarian cancer. She wasn't just a blogging friend she was a real life friend too, we lived only 45 minutes apart, and she leaves a huge hole in my heart and all of the team at both the Color Hues and Seize the Birthday. We have decided this challenge to celebrate Lindsey and the colours she chose by making cards themed to things that she loved. We are also doing this challenge with our crafty sisters at Seize the Birthday.

Friendships were very important to Lindsey and she was always quick to send a card for encouragement or simply just to say hello! I made a card in this challenge's colours using the Concord & 9th Brighter Days stamp set and dies. It is so fun to create custom rainbows in any colour you like. I used Catherine Pooler Inks because they fill in so beautifully!

The panel was popped up with foam tape and the cloud and centre heart are as well.


Great colours and design to send to a friend who could use some cheering up.


8 comments :

Emily Leiphart said...

This is gorgeous, Tracey! Lindsey would've loved this so much. Sending you big hugs. 💙💜

Greta said...

Love the colors used for a rainbow, Tracey! Your card is a wonderful tribute to your dear friend I know you miss terribly. Big hugs, Greta

Joyce said...

This is such a beautiful card, and I do really love how the colors work with that rainbow.

Lisa Elton said...

I'm so very sorry for the loss of your friend and teammate, Tracey. Sending a big hug your way. I think she would have loved your charming and creative rainbow card.

I Card Everyone said...

So precious, Tracey... I'm so very sorry for your loss.
xx

Dotty Jo said...

Beautiful. Sending you love, Jo x

Carol L said...

Lindsey wouldn't want us to be sad I'm sure, so she would have loved this uplifting card. She will be missed by you and countless others that she touched in the blogging world. I love the colors of the rainbow and the tiny heart in the center! Such a sweet card.

Kim Heggins said...

This is as sweet as can be, just like Lindsey! I know you two were very close and my heart breaks when ever I think about her. She was an amazing lady and I am sure your card would bring a smile to her sweet face.