October 9, 2017

Muse #237



It's Monday and time for another new challenge at Muse!


For Muse this week I inked up the Altenew Sketchy Floral Stamp. When I first looked at the stamp and saw how large it was I was a bit intimidated. However, the large scale floral image is actually quite unique in that you can do so many things with it. You can make cards just by positioning the stamp in different locations on your card front and  it would be brilliant to stamp right on to your scrapbooking projects. For today's Muse I was clear embossed a partial flower image on to Bristol cardstock. Then I coloured only part of the image with ZIG watercolour markers. I added a sentiment from the Essentials by Ellen Make It Beautiful stamp set.


I am excited to see where you go with this design, see you over at Muse!

I am also submitting this to the Essentials by Ellen October Mix It Up Challenge. This month it is mixing Altenew with Ellen Hutson.



10 comments :

Betty said...

love this card with just a bit of coloring - this stamp is so versatile.

ElizStewart said...

I just can't get your card out of my mind... it is just lovely. This is a great set. I was introduced to it by Michele F. and bought it instantly. I have loved working with it. Zigs are a great idea. Maybe I will try repositioning and see what kind of difference it makes. I am in the process of starting Christmas sets (4 cards for gifts). This might be a great idea for a set. Rotating the stamp in different positions, coloring and different sentiments. Thanks for the wonderful inspiration!

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous card, Tracey! I love how you colored the petals and your CAS design is perfect!

Anita in France said...

Dreamy and delicious, Tracey ... this is just beautiful! Hugs, Anita :)

Lisa Elton said...

Anita took the words right out of my mouth!! When I saw it my first thought was how dreamy!! Beautifully done Tracey!

Joyce said...

Gorgeous card, Tracey. Love the partial coloring. I am going to try to play along this week...

Cat Craig said...

Oh my gosh, that coloring is sublime.

Jeanne J. said...

Gorgeous indeed! This is a stunner!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Hello Tracey and thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. Your Muse card is beautiful, love the soft watercolors on it and the fact you left the surrounding leaves white, this makes your lovely blooms just stand out.
Awesome way to use a rather large image!!
Thank you again for stopping by.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

sannalippert said...

this is beautiful!!!