July 12, 2017

Color Throwdown #451 Guest Designer

IMG_2765


Back again with another post as the July Guest Designer at the Color Throwdown.  This week the colours for ctd451 are light pink, dark pink and green.






tracey_ctd#451

I used My Favorite Things Flashy Florals for my card today, I haven't had that set out in too long I forgot how much I love those blooms. I die cut my sentiment from the dies that go along with the stamp set in black. Then I stamped and die cut the large and small flower with their respective detail stamps first. I placed the flowers on a 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" top folding card base to get an idea of where I wanted to put the sentiment and the flowers to give me an idea of where I wanted to stamp my leaves. Once the leaves were stamped I adhered the rest of the images to the card, adding the smaller flower with foam tape for dimension. Last step was to add a few clear, Stickles filled sequins.

tracey_ctd#451b

Head over to the Color Throwdown blog to see how you can play along and to see more colour inspiration from the Design Team follow the links below. 

Tracey McNeely (July Guest Designer)


16 comments :

Preeti D. (aka Dutt Preety) said...

such a pretty card :) love those colors together.

Lynn said...

Love those crisp pinks and greens against the white. Gorgeous! Congrats on your guest design team spot!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Beautiful! LOVING those flowers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Birgit said...

What a sweet card using the inspiration from CTD. Congrats on your guest design spot!! The colors this week are yummy! Hope you're enjoying your summer. :0)

Linda said...

So pretty. I have that set that I have just finally used for the first time. Lovely card, Tracey. Congrats on the GD.

Happy Dance said...

Beautiful card, Tracey! Those blooms are so pretty in those colors. I do like how you've kept it CAS, too. The black die cut sentiment really works well on your card. I should pull out those stamps again, too, especially after seeing this gorgeous card! Bev

Kim Heggins said...

Gorgeous card...love your pretty in pink flowers, sweet way to say thanks!

Wanda Cullen said...

Gorgeous CAS design and a great take on the throwdown colors! Love how the florals pop against a white background!

Patti said...

Oh I love those blooms as well!! Beautifully done Tracey : )

Patti

Anita in France said...

So very pretty, Tracey ... crisp and CAS and lovely! Congratulations on your GD spot at CT! Hugs, Anita :)

Nora Noll said...

Really like the large flowers you used and the huge thanks. Very pretty card.

Cat Craig said...

Perfect blooms, nice take on the challenge colors.

Darnell said...

Congratulations on guest designing, Tracey! I love the bold thanks and the pretty pink posies! Great idea for using the CT colors beautifully!! Hugs, Darnell

Marisa said...

Loving this :)

Vickie Z said...

Love it!! Those flowers are gorgeous and great design!

Lisa Elton said...

This is such a charming card! Love it!