July 5, 2017

Color Throwdown #450 July Guest Designer

IMG_2724


I am excited to share with you today that I have been invited to be the July Guest Designer at the Color Throwdown.  Every Wednesday there is a new color challenge and I will be playing along with the design team all month. This week the colours for ctd450 are royal blue, yellow, brick red and white.





tracey_ctd#450

For my card I cut a white cardstock panel 4" x 5 1/4" and I used the My Favorite Things Thanks die to cut the word the centre. I stamped the rest of my sentiment underneath using a retired stamp set also from My Favorite Things called For The Boys.Then I sponged Distress Oxide inks on to three separate panels of Bristol Smooth cardstock--Faded Jeans, Fossilized Amber and Fired Brick.  Each panel was splattered with water and the water was soaked up with a paper towel lifting some of the colour. Once dry I die cut the word thanks from each panel. I placed a piece of 2" Scor Tape on the back of the main card panel and then inlayed the letters into the panel mixing up the colours. Finally the panel was adhered to a 4 1/4" x 5 1/4" card base with adhesive foam tape.

tracey_ctd#420_detail

Head over to the Color Throwdown blog to see how you can play along and to see more colour inspiration from the Design Team follow the links below. 

Amy Rohl 
Amy Rysavy 
Barbara Anders
Broni Holcombe
Jodi Collins
Lisa Henke
Lori Tecler
Lynn Put 
Vickie Zimmer
Wanda Cullen


Tracey McNeely (July Guest Designer)



10 comments :

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeee this! LOVING those colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous use of the challenge colors Tracey!

Anita in France said...

Crisp, graphic and full of impact, Tracey ... those bold colours are fabulous against the white! Hugs, Anita :)

Kay Miller said...

Congratulations on your guest spot Tracey! Your card is so wonderfully CAS and amazing! I love the inlaid alpha!!

Wanda Cullen said...

Yay! So happy to have you guesting with us this month! What a WOW design with the marbled look to the letters!

Lisa Elton said...

YAY!! Congrats Tracey, I'm so happy for you! Your card is incredible. The colorful inlaid letters look fantastic!

Sharron said...

Your card is so awesome for your design spot! Love the CAS graphic look!

Kim Heggins said...

Love your fabulous and colorful card Miss Tracey! Congrats on being the guest designer this month.

Barb Ghig said...

Fabulous take on the color combo, Tracey! I love how you played with your Oxide inks on the alphas and your 'signature' CAS design is just perfect!

Nora Noll said...

Simply adorable!!!!!