November 14, 2016

Muse #192

IMG_0925

Happy Monday and time for this week's new Muse challenge!


For Muse this week I  used the 'new to me' Concord & 9th Lace Leaf and Happy Words stamp sets. I used my MISTI to assist me for all parts of my card. It is invaluable for lining up and getting crisp impressions especially when using watercolour paper.  
I started off by inking up the watercolour shadow leaf with Distress Ink and then I misted it with water before stamping it on to a piece of Tim Holtz watercolour paper. Once it dried completely I inked up the lace leaf using Versamark ink and stamped it over the watercolour shadow slightly offset. Then I embossed the image with gold embossing powder. NOTE: Doing two techniques like this on a one layer card can be kind of scary. So I was sure to prep the panel with my embossing buddy well so that I didn't get any stray embossing powder where I didn't want it.

I trimmed the panel down so that I could add a 1/4" strip of gold sparkle paper down the right hand side. Once trimmed I stamped my sentiment using Rich Cocoa Memento Ink. The sentiment was created using both stamp sets.

tracey_muse#192


18 comments :

cm said...

Stunning...absolutely stunning!
Hugs~c

I Card Everyone said...

Tracey this is among those Concord & 9th sets on my wish list! OH how exquisite your card is!
=]

Greta said...

Absolutely stunning--love this design, Tracey!

Cat Craig said...

Gorgeous card Tracey, it definitely inspires me to play along.

Darnell said...

Tracey, this is incredible! Precise and colorful and modern and my new favorite of yours! Pinning! (Do people pin any more? I never see anyone say so, but to me it's still a great compliment!) Hugs, Darnell

Michele K. Henderson said...

This is really beautiful! I love the simple layering--so gorgeous!
Take care!
Michele

Lisa Elton said...

That splash of warm color with the gold is fabulous! Pretty card Tracey!

Lindsey said...

Gorgeous, Tracey! Such a beautiful design. I agree, I'm always extra-careful after using distress ink, or when I'm embossing on watercolour paper... so you had to be extra-vigilant!

sandie said...

Love the arty look of this and the how the leaf is such a focal point, gorgeous mix of colours. Hope to play x

Anita in France said...

Wow, Tracey ... really WOW ... this is just stunning! Hugs, Anita :)

Diane Jaquay said...

The leaf is gorgeous and the strip of gold glitter paper on the side sets it off perfectly, love this design, Tracey!!

Deborah Frings said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Joyce said...

Absolutely stunning, and so inspiring. I hope to play along with you this week.

Jen W. said...

This is so gorgeous! Hoping to fin time to play along!

TK said...

So gorgeous, and truly awesome!

Kim Heggins said...

Simply stunning card Tracey...so in love with your gorgeous leaf!

Marianne said...

Just gorgeous. I hope I can find some time to play along.

ElizStewart said...

Tracey....you probably haven't left your studio in days! I am so impressed at the creative juices....just wow!